The organisers of the Miss Black Africa Pageant have announced that Applications for the first Miss Black Africa UK 2011 pageant are now welcome.
WidePR.com — January 31, 2011 — The Pageant hopes to groom African Queens as great Ambassadors for humanity, advocating for the needy by carrying out projects in the UK and Africa. The pageant redefines the African woman as a leader and a vital partner in the development of Africa and the world.
It will give young African girls born or living in the United Kingdom a platform to showcase not only their beauty but most importantly their culture, talent and creativity.
The term ‘Black Africa’ is used to describe the parts of Africa South of the Sahara also termed ‘Sub-Saharan Africa’. This competition is open to ladies from East Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa and Central Africa.
Aspiring contestants must meet the following conditions in order to be eligible
1. Be in good physical shape and between 18 and 35 years old..
2. Be of Sub-Saharan, Black African origin.
3. Speak at least one of the following languages: English, French or Portuguese.
4. Hold a passport with a valid visa covering the time of the event.
5. Reside in the UK during the period of the event.
6. Fulfil registration formalities before the registration deadline.