Congratulations to Stevi Perry, the new Miss Teen USA®
Paradise Island, Bahamas – August 16, 2008 — Stevi Perry, Miss Arkansas Teen USA was crowned Miss Teen USA® 2008 at the beautiful Atlantis Paradise Island Resort on August 16, 2008. The 18-year old winner is from Hamburg, Arkansas. “Days of Our Lives” star and former Miss Teen USA 2004 Shelley Hennig joined Seth Goldman of NBC’s “Entertainment Buzz” to emcee the pageant, and Bahamian female R&B sensation TaDa performed.
The judges for this year’s competition included: Alina Shriver, Founder of Shriver Art; Farouk Shami, Founder and Chairman Farouk Systems; Heather Kerzner of Kerzner International; Alicia Bridgewater, Bookings Editor at Cosmo Girl Magazine; Duane Gazi, Director of Scouting and Development at Trump Model Management; Eric Parrinello, founder and owner of Bacchanalia Private Dining in Overland Park, Kansas; David Dzanis, Vice President of Coca Cola Client Services at Genesco Sports Enterprises; and Seth Mayeri, Television Talent Veteran.
Throughout the event, the contestants competed in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown and interview, and the “Top Five” finalists were selected. Hilary Cruz, Miss Teen USA 2007, crowned her successor at the conclusion of this two-hour Miss Teen USA pageant.
Miss Teen USA® 2008 Final Results:
- First Runner Up: Brittany Pjetraj, Miss South Carolina Teen USA who will assume the duties of Miss Teen USA 2008 if for some reason she cannot fulfill her responsibilities.
- Second Runner Up: Julia Dalton, Miss North Carolina Teen USA
- Third Runner Up: Lindsey Evans, Miss Louisiana Teen USA
- Fourth Runner Up: Shareece Laree Pfeiffer, Miss Idaho Teen USA
Miss Teen USA® 2008 Top Five:
Shareece Laree Pfeiffer, Miss Idaho Teen USA; Lindsey Evans, Miss Louisiana Teen USA; Julia Dalton, Miss North Carolina Teen; Brittany Pjetraj, Miss South Carolina Teen USA; Stevi Perry, Miss Arkansas Teen USA
Miss Teen USA® 2008 Top Fifteen:
- Courtney Parker, Miss Alabama Teen USA
- Ashley Stainton, Miss Arizona Teen USA
- Stevi Perry, Miss Arkansas Teen USA
- Taylor Atkins, Miss California Teen USA
- Danielle Rose Scimeca, Miss Colorado Teen USA
- Jillian Leigh Wunderlich, Miss Florida Teen USA
- Shareece Laree Pfeiffer, Miss Idaho Teen USA
- Lindsey Evans, Miss Louisiana Teen USA
- Caroline Lunny, Miss Massachusetts Teen USA
- Courtney Morgan, Miss New Hampshire Teen USA
- Julia Dalton, Miss North Carolina Teen USA
- Taylor Gorton, Miss Oklahoma Teen USA
- Elliot Griffin, Miss Pennsylvania Teen USA
- Brittany Pjetraj, Miss South Carolina Teen USA
- Megan Leigh Myrehn, Miss Virginia Teen USA
Other Miss Teen USA 2008 Awards
- Miss Photogenic Teen USA™ Award: Sana, Idnani, Miss New York Teen USA. The general public voted at missteenusa.com for the delegate who exemplifies beauty through the lens of a camera.
- Miss Congeniality Teen USA™ Award: Elizabeth Hollomon, Miss Mississippi Teen USA. The award reflects the respect and admiration of the delegate’s peers, who voted for her as the most congenial, charismatic and inspirational participant.
The MISS TEEN USA® 2008 prize package includes: the Miss Universe® tiara created by Mikimoto valued at $15,000 dollars; a 2 year scholarship from the New York Film Academy worth more than $100,000 dollars to its acting or film-making programs; eveningwear gowns from Scala, designed by Sherri Hill; a trophy from Rogaska Crystal; year-long supply of Farouk Systems products, makers of CHI, the original Ceramic Technology tools; a four-day/ three-night vacation for two, including airfare, at the Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island, Bahamas; membership to Gravity Fitness and pampering at John Barrett Salon; fashion portfolio by leading fashion photographer Fadil Berisha; consultations with nutritionist and creator of The F-Factor Diet™ Tanya Zuckerbrot; dermatology and skincare services by Dr. Cheryl Thellman-Karcher; consultations with personal stylist Billie Causieestko and access to an event wardrobe from leading fashion designers; access to a New York City apartment for the year of her reign including living expenses and professional representation by the Miss Universe® Organization to further her personal and professional goals.