When she walked away with the crown at the 1985 Miss America pageant, Sharlene Wells was featured in the popular Saturday Evening Post magazine. A Mormon Sunday school teacher who expressed her desire to remain a virgin until marriage, the new Miss America was an especially interesting contract to her predecessor, Vanessa Williams, who lost the crown after scandalous photographs of her were published in a pornographic magazine.
You might also like:
- Follow Mrs. Tennessee American Beauties Plus in her quest for a national pageant title
- Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Invites Its Titleholders to Walk With Miss America Float in Washington DC Parade
- Miss America 2012 Laura Kaeppeler Shines on National Television This Week!
- 2017 Miss Universe Competition Top 13 [PHOTOS]
- Top 10 Finalists for the “Teens in Action” Award for outstanding achievement with their personal platform
- Miss America 2011 Teresa Scanlan Celebrates America in Philadelphia
- Olivia Keith is the 2014 Miss Indiana Preteen National Teenager
- Miss Kankakee Valley 2011 Gracie Lyon will MC the local Silver Star Pageant