When she walked away with the crown at the 1985 Miss America pageant, Sharlene Wells was featured in the popular Saturday Evening Post magazine. A Mormon Sunday school teacher who expressed her desire to remain a virgin until marriage, the new Miss America was an especially interesting contract to her predecessor, Vanessa Williams, who lost the crown after scandalous photographs of her were published in a pornographic magazine.
You might also like:
- Olivia Jordan wins 2015 Miss USA Pageant
- Which state has the most pageant winners?
- Miss America 2013 is Mallory Hytes Hagan, Miss New York! Pageant details…
- Miss Binibining Pilipinas 2012 Pageant Contestants Show Off Their Talents
- Miss Universe Olivia Culpo will judge the 2013 Miss Universe Russia Pageant in Moskow
- Miss America 1945, Bess Myerson, has died…Was first Jewish Miss America during World War II
- Ethnic New England’s Beauty Pageant to celebrate the beauty and talent of local women
- Rachel Wyatt, Miss America’s Outstanding Teen 2013, models for the Tony Bowls Collection