Quality of Life awards:
The winner of the Quality of Life Award will receive a $6,000 scholarship, the first runner-up will win a $4,000 scholarship, and the second runner-up will win a $2,000 scholarship.
- $6,000 Quality of Life Award winner – Miss Alabama Caitlin Brunell Miss Alabama Caitlin Brunell has helped to improve the quality of life for individuals through her platform, Caitlin’s Closet: One Stop Shopping for Life. Miss Alabama has used her platform to empower others to realize that even though they are faced with a difficult situation. After her family lost everything in a house fire, Caitlin felt inspired by all of those who helped her. Her platform has enabled her to go above and beyond in her efforts to help others faced with similar situations in their own lives.
- $4,000 Quality of Life 1st runner-up and scholarship winner – Miss Delaware Brittany Lewis Brittany’s personal platform Domestic Violence Awareness, sheds light on the issue of domestic violence in the nation. Brittany has made a lifelong commitment to support domestic violence victims and their families.
- $2,000 Quality of Life 2nd runner-up and scholarship winner – Miss Maryland Jade Kenny Her platform involves supporting The Rainbows Organization, which promotes the importance of gaining access to an outlet for grief after losing a loved one. Jade hopes to spread the message of healing and hope after suffering from any loss.
The finalists for the 2015 Quality of Life Awards were:
- Miss Alabama Caitlin Brunell
Platform Issue: Caitlin’s Closet: One Stop Shopping for Life
- Miss Delaware Brittany Lewis
Platform Issue: Domestic Violence Awareness
- Miss Kansas Amanda Sasek
Platform Issue: Find Your Strength: Engage to Empower
- Miss Maryland Jade Kenny
Platform Issue: The Rainbows Organization
- Miss Mississippi Jasmine Murray
Platform Issue: 13 Going On 30 – Teaching Young Girls to Embrace Their Age
- Miss Nebraska Megan Swanson
Platform Issue: Total Body Wellness: Spirit, Soul and Body
- Miss New Jersey Cierra Kaler-Jones
Platform Issue: Empowering Today’s Youth Through Arts Education
- Miss Oklahoma Alex Eppler
Platform Issue: Dare 2 Care: Random Acts of Kindness
- Miss Virginia Courtney Paige Garrett
Platform Issue: Defying Disabilities