MISS OKLAHOMA USA, OLIVIA JORDAN, WINS THE MISS USA 2015 TITLE
DURING THE LIVE REELZ CHANNEL TELECAST FROM BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA
Baton Rouge, LA – July 12, 2015 – This evening, a panel of former Miss Universe Organization titleholders chose Miss Oklahoma USA, Olivia Jordan, as Miss USA 2015.
Emmy Award-winning game show host Todd Newton and former Miss Wisconsin USA 2009 Alex Wehrley hosted the competition. OK! TV’s Julie Alexandria provided backstage behind-the-scenes commentary from the Baton Rouge River Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Olivia Jordan, a 26-year-old from Tulsa, Oklahoma, has appeared in several national/international commercials and
feature films. Olivia is a graduate of Boston University, where she earned a degree in health science.
As a model, Olivia has walked for Sherri Hill in New York Fashion Week 2015 and the runway at Miami Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim 2014. She has also been featured in Cosmopolitan, Shape and Vogue Japan. Olivia has been recognized by Children of the Night, a group dedicated to getting children out of prostitution, for her work with the organization.
Judges for the 2015 MISS USA® Pageant:
- Nana Meriwether, Miss USA 2012, two-time All-American athlete and co-founder of the non-profit Meriwether Foundation, which serves the most impoverished sectors in five southern African nations
- Leila Umenyiora, Miss Universe 2011, humanitarian and named Drylands Ambassador by the United Nation Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)
- Rima Fakih, Miss USA 2010, named one of the Top 100 Most Powerful Arab Women, an ambassador of the Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee and honored by the American Task Force of Lebanon
- Crystle Stewart, Miss USA 2008 and star of Tyler Perry’s sitcom, “For Better or Worse” on OWN
- Danielle Doty, Miss Teen USA 2011, recent host for FOX Sports Southwest and the nationally televised show, “Girls on the Go” Driven by FORD
- Tara Conner, Miss USA 2006, an outspoken advocate for addiction, television host, actress and model
- Kimberly Pressler, Miss USA 1999, a sports reporter and host for networks including FOX Sports, ABC, MTV, Red Bull Media and current lane-side reporter for ESPN on the PBA Tour
- Brook Lee, Miss USA 1997 and Miss Universe 1997, an actress, model, TV presenter and a tech ambassador for MommyLovesTech.com
- Michelle McLean-Bailey, Miss Universe 1992, an international TV personality, motivational speaker, entrepreneur, philanthropist and UNICEFambassador.
Country music star and former “The Voice” contestant Adley Stump performed as guest vocalist with a live in-house
band. Music mogul Master P and his daughter Cymphonique– stars of the upcoming REELZ series “Master P’s Family Empire” – made special guest appearances backstage.
This year, viewers were given the power to bring one lucky contestant, Miss Kentucky USA, Katie George, back into
the competition during the evening gown portion of the pageant by voting through iPowow.
The 2015 MISS USA® Pageant featured contestants from all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Contestants were judged in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown and interview.
Nia Sanchez, Miss USA 2014 crowned her successor at the conclusion of the three-hour telecast.
For more information, visit www.missusa.com.
2014 Miss USA Pageant Final Results:
The first runner-up will assume the duties of Miss USA 2015 if the titleholder is named Miss Universe 2015 or if for some reason Miss USA cannot fulfill her duties.
First Runner Up: Miss Texas USA, Ylianna Guerra
Second Runner Up: Miss Rhode Island USA, Anea Garcia
Rest of Top Five: Miss Nevada USA, Brittany McGowan
Miss Maryland USA, Mame Adjei
Rest of Top Eleven: Miss Alabama USA, Madison Guthrie
Miss Delaware USA, Renee Bull
Miss Hawaii USA, Emma Wo
Miss Louisiana USA, Candice Bennatt
Miss Michigan USA, Rashontae Wawrzyniak
Miss Kentucky USA, Katie George
Rest of Top Fifteen Miss Arizona USA, Maureen Montagne
Miss Illinois USA, Renee Wronecki
Miss New York USA, Thatiana Diaz
Miss Virginia USA, Laura Puleo
MISS PHOTOGENIC USA™ Award: Miss Indiana USA Gretchen Reece. A blue ribbon panel selected the delegate who exemplifies beauty through the lens of a camera. She was awarded a $1,000 cash prize.
MISS CONGENIALITY USA™ Award: Miss Alaska USA Kimberly Agron and Miss Delaware USA Renee Bull tied for the award, marking the first time ever that two contestants received the honor in Miss USA history. This award reflects the respect and admiration of the contestants’ peers, who voted for both as the most congenial, charismatic and inspirational participant. Each contestant was awarded a $1,000 cash prize.
# # #
ABOUT MISS UNIVERSE ORGANIZATION
The Miss Universe Organization (MUO) uses its global grassroots reach to empower women to be self-confident and
strive to be their personal best. MUO believes that every woman should be “Confidently Beautiful.” The MISS
UNIVERSE®, MISS USA®, and MISS TEEN USA® beauty pageants provide an international platform through dedicated partnerships with charities, sponsors, and brands around the world. During their reign, our winners are given the tools to personally and professionally enrich others by providing humanitarian efforts to affect positive change, all while developing their personal career goals. For more information, and to learn more about Miss USA’s official cause to raise awareness for breast and ovarian cancer education and prevention please visit: www.missusa.com.
Follow Miss USA:
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/MissUSA
• YouTube: www.youtube.com/MissUSA
• Twitter and Instagram: @MissUSA
Jodie Rubenstein Jackie Shahinian
Rubenstein Public Relations Miss Universe Organization