Samantha Levey, Miss Pacific Palisades 2011, tries to Win Ben Flajnik’s heart on the “The Bachelor”
We first heard of Samantha Levey, Miss Pacific Palisades 2011, a 26-year old model from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania who ran for the Miss California crown in December, when we ran a post about her concerns about pageant mother’s injecting their little girls with Botox, the prescription medicine that is injected into muscles to block nerve impulses and thus reduce wrinkles.
Citing the huge controversy over Kerry Campbell gifting her eight-year-old daughter Britney, a pageant contestant, with Botox injections as a birthday present, she commented, “I think the whole thing is outrageous and completely unacceptable. As someone who cares about a child’s welfare and is invested in helping children with real struggles, like pediatric cancer, I cannot believe that Ms. Campbell would even consider doing this to her child…I am in a beauty pageant. I am 25 years old and able to make decisions on my own. There are pressures within the pageant world, but there are also pressures in everyday life. An injection is not going to solve the problems. Part of being in a pageant is having confidence and not bowing to the insecurities of others, and your mother is the one that you hope will be there to support you, not hurt you.”
Since that time, Samantha has gone on to appear as a contestant vying for Ben Flajnik’s heart on The Bachelor. Samantha made a noteworthy entrance as she exited the ladies’ limo and greeted Ben while wearing her “Miss Pacific Palisades” banner. Her strategy to stand out, and her beauty, sufficiently impressed Bachelor Ben that he awarded her one of the coveted roses of the opening rose ceremony.
Throughout her four weeks on the show, Samantha was invited on three group dates by the Bachelor, including a group equestrian-themed date in which she was rode a horse — despite being terrified. After surviving the three group dates – but not being invited for a one-on-one date with the busy bachelor, Samantha interrupted a particularly tender private conversation between Ben and Nikki (who eventually placed as Ben’s third choice) to ask: “So, I’ve been on three group dates, and I need to know what that means.” Ben responded by pointing out that several other women who were still there – and waiting patiently – had not been on any group dates. Evidently realizing he lacked the prized “chemistry” with her, Ben deviated from the normal show protocol, sending Samantha home on the spot, rather than waiting for the evening’s rose ceremony. As the distraught pageant titleholder departed in tears, the notorious Courtney sniped, “Another one bites the dust.”
At the end of the series, Samantha returned with the other contestants for “The Women Tell All” segment where they dished about their experiences on The Bachelor…and with the now infamous skinny-dipper, Courtney. During the show, as tensions between several of the women flared, Samantha questioned her fellow contestant Brittney’s stated reason for voluntarily leaving the show (she felt no attraction towards Ben), suggesting that Brittney might have left because some of the women were treating her rudely. In what is sure to become one of the classic moments of Bachelor history, Brittney turned to Samantha, and with hands busily “yapping”, responded that Samantha was the “chihuahua of the house” and should stop talking.
While the show’s end result was probably not the outcome Samantha had hoped for, given the considerable publicity afforded to the candidates for The Bachelor’s heart, her participation could well turn out to be a bonanza for the Miss Pacific Palisades. Pageant Center wishes Samantha the best.
- Official “The Bachelor” Bio and Photo of Samantha Levey, Miss Pacific Palisades 2011
- Diaries of the Departed: View video of exit interview with Samantha Levey, Miss Pacific Palisades 2011
- PageantCenter.com – Miss Pacific Palisades Weighs in on Botox Mom…Samantha Levey is outraged by mother injecting her eight year old daughter with Botox to do better in pageants.
- Photos Bio Samantha Levey The Bachelor 16 contestant, Miss Pacific Palisades 2011
Reality Check: Former Pittsburgher makes her bid for ‘The Bachelor’ – In the season opener, Ms. Levey tries to catch the attention of Mr. Flajnik by wearing her “Miss Pacific Palisades” sash when the 25 contestants arrive at the mansion in twin limos.
- Meet Samantha Levey of The Bachelor Season 16
- The Blonde Blogette: Casey and Ben trade stories of losing friends and bosses days before taping began for the show, and they are at the peak of a memorable moment when Miss Pacific Palisades steals the show. Pacific Palisades: “So, I’ve been on three group dates, and I need to know what that means! Ben: Well, do you think you feel a connection between us?”
- the bachelor week 2 and 3: a double feature! – Later Blakely plays a little too aggressively for the date rose, and Miss Pacific Palisades gives her another nickname — Cougar.
- The Bachelor Forum: the current Miss Pacific Palisades, California – She is the current Miss Pacific Palisades, California.
- The Bachelor: Week 1 – Samantha is a pageant queen who wears her sash to meet the man she hopes to marry.
- Tips from The Bachelor No. 1– Avoid women who wear sashes and who refer to being Miss Pacific Palisades.
- ‘The Bachelor 2012’ beauty queen Samantha Levey’s ‘Baggage’ brings laughs – Gossip guru Reality Steve always has the goods on this show and he has spoiled a good amount of dish on Samantha both before and after her exit.
- The Bachelor: There will be blood – Miss Pacific Palisades 2011 gets all shrieky about how Juggz was a bully…