Hilary Carol Cruz, Miss Colorado Teen USA is Crowned Miss Teen USA® 2007 During live NBC telecast on August 24
Pasadena, CA – August 24, 2007 – This evening, during one of the year’s most exciting live television events, a star-studded panel of judges chose Hilary Carol Cruz, Miss Colorado Teen USA, as MISS TEEN USA® 2007.
“Extra’s” Mario Lopez hosted the live telecast from the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in California on Friday, August 24th, 2007 from 8:00p.m. to 10:00p.m. ET/PT. Nineteen-year-old singing superstar, Kat DeLuna performed “Whine Up” and the sensational Jonas Brothers performed a medley of their hits “Hold On” and “S.O.S.” during the telecast. The judges for this year’s competition included: Coty Beauty Vice President, Jay Clarke; Victoria’s Secret model, Selita Ebanks; William Morris Agency’s Senior Vice President, John Ferriter; actress, Melissa Joan Hart; former Miss Teen USA 2004 and “Days of our Lives” actress, Shelley Hennig; actor, Joey Lawrence; Warner Bros. Records Vice President of Artist Development, Nick Light; professional skateboarder and MTV’s “My Life of Ryan” star, Ryan Sheckler; “Friday Night Lights’” actress, Aimee Teegarden; and President of YMI Jeans, David Vered.
Throughout the live television event, the contestants competed in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown and interview, and the “Top Five” finalists were selected. Katie Blair, Miss Teen USA 2006, crowned her successor at the conclusion of this two-hour primetime telecast, before an estimated worldwide viewing audience of more than 250 million in over 70 countries.
Miss Teen USA® 2007 FINAL RESULTS:
- First Runner Up: Alyssa Campanella, Miss New Jersey Teen USA, will assume the duties of Miss Teen USA 2007 if for some reason Hilary Carol Cruz cannot fulfill her responsibilities.
- Second Runner Up: Kaitlin Coble, Miss North Carolina Teen USA
- Third Runner Up: Lauren Caitlin Upton, Miss South Carolina Teen USA
- Fourth Runner Up: Chelsea Welch, Miss West Virginia Teen USA
Miss Teen USA® 2007 Rest of Top Ten:
- Canden Bliss Jackson, Miss Alabama Teen USA
Jaymie Stokes, Miss Kansas Teen USA
Emily Bruce, Miss Virginia Teen USA
Vanessa Marie VonBehren, Miss Minnesota Teen USA
Rochelle Rose, Miss Rhode Island Teen USA
Miss Teen USA® 2007 Rest of Top Fifteen:
- Macy Paterese Erwin, Miss Tennessee Teen USA
Mollie Smith, Miss Wyoming Teen USA
Serena Karnagy, Miss Hawaii Teen USA
Victoria Davis, Miss Illinois Teen USA
Elizabeth Kranz, Miss New Mexico Teen USA
- Photogenic Award: Allison Farrow, Miss Maryland Teen USA. The general public voted on www.nbc.com for the delegate who exemplifies beauty through the lens of a camera.
- Congeniality Award: Anne Elise Parks, Miss Mississippi Teen USA. The award reflects the respect and admiration of the delegate’s peers, who voted for her as the most congenial, charismatic and inspirational participant.
Sponsors of MISS TEEN USA® 2007 include: Mikimoto, “Official Jewelry” sponsor; BSC Swimwear Thailand, “Official Swimwear” sponsor; Farouk Systems, “Official Haircare” sponsor; Nina, “Official Footwear” sponsor, YMI Jeanswear, “Official Jeanswear” sponsor; Rogaska, “Official Crystal” sponsor; Ritmo Mundo, “Official Time Piece” sponsor; American Airlines, “Official Travel” sponsor and a scholarship from
The New York Film Academy.
The Miss Universe Organization, producers of the MISS UNIVERSE®, MISS USA® and MISS TEEN USA® Pageants, is a Donald J. Trump and NBC Universal partnership. Miss Teen USA spends her year building relationships with organizations committed to education and action, such as Best Buddies, Outside the Classroom, Do Something, Sparrow Clubs and D.A.R.E.