On Sunday May 19, Caribbean Queens came together to bring attention to HIV/AIDS in the Caribbean for AIDS Walk NY. Jaielean Thomas, Miss Caribbean United States says it was important for us to be here today, progress has been made in the fight against HIV/AIDS but we still have a way to go. Marsha Thompson , Caribbean United States Miss Barbados says she has lost close friends to AIDS and walks on there behalf of all the queens agree that the there needs to be more funding for HIV/AIDS awareness, education and medicine in the Caribbean – especially for women, since they are the fastest growing group of new cases of HIV/AIDS.
- Colette Stapleton, Caribbean United States Miss St. Kitts
- Nekia Amara, Miss Humanity USA (Jamaica)
- Jaielean Thomas, Miss Caribbean United States (USVI)
- Marsha Thompson, Caribbean United States Miss Barbados
- Selena Watkins, Miss Black USA (Antigua)