Moscow, Russia – November 9, 2013 – In front of a worldwide audience of approximately 1 billion viewers, Miss Universe Venezuela, Gabriela Isler was crowned Miss Universe 2013 from Crocus City Hall in Moscow, Russia. The 62nd Annual Miss Universe® Pageant was broadcast on NBC with a Spanish simulcast on Telemundo.
Miss Universe Venezuela, Gabriela Isler is the 7th young woman to take home the Miss Universe crown from Venezuela. The 25 year-old college graduate with a marketing degree enjoys flamenco dancing and baking when she is not modeling. She is from the town of Maracay, Venezuela, right outside of Caracas, the country’s capital.
Thomas Roberts, anchor of (“MSNBC Live”) and Melanie Brown, best known to audiences as Mel B (“America’s Got Talent”), co-hosted the pageant. Jeannie Mai, recognized for her fashion segments on NBC’s “Today,” served as commentator.
The judges who sealed the fate of this year’s winner included:
- Steven Tyler, Aerosmith’s front man and lead singer
- Chef Nobu, acclaimed chef proprietor of Nobu and Matsuhisa restaurants
- Tara Lipinski, Gold medal figure skater and 2014 Winter Olympics figure skating analyst for NBC Olympics’ multi-platform coverage
- Carol Alt, TV personality, star of Fox News Channel’s ‘A HEALTHY YOU AND CAROL ALT’, international supermodel, actress, author, entrepreneur and raw-food enthusiast
- Anne V, supermodel, actress, philanthropist and mentor on Oxygen’s upcoming season of “The Face” with nine consecutive appearances in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue
- Farouk Shami, founder of Farouk Systems, Inc. makers of CHI and presenting hair care sponsor of the 2013 Miss Universe® Pageant
- Italo Fontana, pioneering designer of U-BOAT Watches
- Philip Kirkorov, iconic Russian pop-star
In addition to his judging duties, Steven Tyler took the stage for a special performance. Tyler and the celebrity judges joined an exciting broadcast that included performances by Grammy-nominated band Panic! At The Disco and international recording artist EMIN.
Throughout the Miss Universe Pageant, contestants representing 86 countries competed in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown and interview. The telecast concluded with Miss Universe 2012 Olivia Culpo crowning her successor.
- First Runner-Up: Miss Universe Spain, Patricia Yurena Rodriguez who will assume the duties of Miss Universe 2013 if the titleholder for some reason cannot fulfill her responsibilities.
- Second Runner-Up: Miss Universe Ecuador, Constanza Baez.
Rest of Top Five:
- Miss Universe Brazil, Jakelyne Oliveira
- Miss Universe Philippines, Ariella Arida
Rest of Top Ten:
- Miss Universe Great Britain, Amy Willerton
- Miss Universe India, Manasi Moghe
- MissUniverse USA, Erin Brady
- Miss Universe Ukraine, Olga Storozhenko
- Miss Universe Dominican Republic, Yaritza Reyes
Rest of Top Sixteen:
- Miss Universe Costa Rica, Fabiana Granados
- Miss Universe China, Jin Ye
- Miss Universe Indonesia, Whulandary
- Miss Universe Puerto Rico, Monic Perez
- Miss Universe Nicaragua, Nastassja Bolivar
- Miss Universe Switzerland, Dominique Rinderknecht
Miss Photogenic Universe™ Award:
Miss Universe Poland, Paulina Krupinska. An expert panel chose the delegate they thought best exemplifies beauty through the lens of a camera. She was awarded a $1,000 cash prize and a gift from pageant sponsor Diamond Nexus.
Miss Congeniality Universe™ Award:
Miss Universe China, Jin Ye. This award reflects the respect and admiration of the delegate’s peers who voted for her as the most congenial, charismatic and inspirational participant. She was awarded a $1,000 cash prize and a gift from Diamond Nexus.
The Miss Universe 2013 prize package:
- a year’s supply of hair care products and tools from Farouk Systems, Inc.
- a custom diamond tiara and jewelry designed by Diamond Nexus
- a shoe wardrobe from Chinese Laundry
- eveningwear wardrobe by Sherri Hill
- swimwear wardrobe by Yamamay
- a one-year scholarship (including housing) from the New York Film Academy
- skincare products from Image Skincare; luxury accommodations in a New York City apartment for the duration of her reign, including living expenses
- a year-long salary as Miss Universe
- personal services including membership to Gravity Fitness
- hair services from John Barrett Salon
- modeling portfolio by leading fashion photographer Fadil Berisha
- representation by Rubenstein Public Relations
- dermatology and skincare services provided by Dr. Cheryl Thellman-Karcher
- professional health and nutrition consultation by Tanya Zuckerbrot, MS, RD
- dental services by Dr. Jan Linhart, D.D.S.
- casting opportunities and professional representation by the Miss Universe Organization
- extensive travel representing sponsors and charitable partners
- access to various New York City events including movie premiers and screenings
- Broadway shows and launch parties
- yearlong consultation with a fashion stylist
- and access to a personal appearance wardrobe