The Mrs. DC America Organization announces the “Toast with the Queen” Reception and Fundraiser to be held on August 2nd, from 6:00-8:00 pm at the Barcode Lounge in Washington, DC.
Hosted by Mary Amons (Bravo’s Real Housewives of DC) and business owner, Souny West (W Salon), guest will have the opportunity to socialize and network while nibbling on light hors’ oeuvres and enjoying the sounds of top 40 hits. A portion of the ticket sales will go to the non-profit, Luke’s Wings, which unites wounded warriors, veterans and heroes with their loved ones when they need them most. The official sponsor is Fit to Be Tan.
A toast will commence at 7:00pm for Mrs. DC America 2013, Meagan B. Barnes, who heads off to compete at Mrs. America in Tucson, August 20-29th. Meagan, a 31-year old IT Consultant in the DC metro area, is married to Isaac Barnes and they have one son, Michael. A former champion basketball player, Meagan will compete at Mrs. America touting the platform of “Women’s Mental Health.”
“This reception that has two missions: One, to give a meaningful send-off to Meagan as she heads to Mrs. America. We want her to know that the DC metro community is rooting for her to win the national crown. Two, our organization makes it a point to give back to those who take care of our community. Military members and their families make daily sacrifices to protect our freedoms. Raising money for their needs is simply the right thing to do,” states Mrs. DC America Owner/Operator, Raquel Riley Thomas.
Here is a quick glance at the details:
- Who: Mrs. DC America Organization
- What: “A Toast with the Queen” Reception and Fundraiser
- Hosts: Mary Amons (Bravo’s “Real Housewives of DC”) and Souny West (Owner, W Salon)
- When: Friday, Aug 2, 2013 Time: 6:00-8:00pm
- Where: Barcode Lounge, 1101 17th, NW, Washington, DC (Metro: McPherson Square)
- Admission Cost- $20 (Online Ticket Sales Only), includes light hors d’oeuvres
- Dress: Upscale
- Questions: email@example.com
Business in the DC metro community will have a chance to advertise their businesses in swag bags being giving out at the reception. The following businesses are supporting thus far:
- Barcode Lounge
- Luke’s Wings
- W Salon
- VIP Exclusive
- Women Veteran’s Interactive
- Styles by Janelle
- Fitness Together
- Labels for Love
- Glam Squad DC
- Smashing Smiles Orthodontics
- The Girlfriend Group
- Little Imaginations Daycare
- The official sponsor of the event is Fit to Be Tan.
- Mrs. DC America Organization