The new Miss America Betty Cantrell seriously charmed the audience during a live interview with the anchor team of TV-KTLA, where she dropped a few fascinating facts:
- She has only been competing in pageants for…get this…a year!!! (The pageant girls must just love that news!)
- Her platform is childhood obesity.
- She has a boyfriend, a “Georgia boy”, who is cool with the whole pageant thing.
- Her favorite candy is sour patch bears.
- She is a “health conscious” gal who, nevertheless, eats tons of candy. She eats candy all the time…
- And that is why, “I don’t even care that I didn’t win swimsuit.” (‘cuz all those sours patch bears are so worth losing swimsuit…and she won the big gig anyway.)
- Her mom made pageant t-shirts with the slogan “Our bet’s on Betty”.
- No surprise, her boyfriend wore his Betty t-shirt the the gym and got some applause.
- her parents told her they were divorcing last year when she was just beginning to enter pageants.
- When they asked her – without warning – what she wanted to sing on live TV at 8 am in the morning, she quipped. “Oh, okaaay, what do want I to sing at 8 am?” Then she belted out Carrie Underwood’s”All American Girl”.
We consider ourselves completely charmed by this Miss America’s personality!!!