Dermaplaning, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, new injectables … People seeking a fresher look can put off going under the knife a little longer with new advances in skin care technology
DENVER, April 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Denver plastic surgeon Gregory Buford, MD, FACS, has seen non-surgical procedures skyrocket in recent years, a trend backed by an American Society of Plastic Surgeons report. In 2011, according to ASPS, over 88 percent of all cosmetic procedures done nationally were non-surgical.
Laser therapies, in particular, have become more comfortable, faster to perform, and more predictable. Skin care treatments today can help you:
- Clear away dead skin cells. Dermaplaning, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels are all proven methods for removing the outer-most layer of dead skin, which reveals the smoother, fresher, younger-looking skin underneath. Although the procedures differ, the aim is the same: promote skin rejuvenation and address surface issues.
- Banish blemishes. A FotoFacial™ is a laser technique that gently improves the appearance of skin over the course of four to five months. Using advanced tools like the Sciton SkinTyte™ system, a laser facial requires no downtime.
- Relax wrinkles. A new injectable called XEOMIN® rivals BOTOX® Cosmetic. According to Denver skin care specialist Dr. Buford: “XEOMIN varies from all currently available products because it brings with it no accessory proteins.” This may make the injectable less likely to lose its effectiveness over time.
- Even out pigmentation. A more intensive laser treatment known as Active FX smooths and resurfaces skin, improving pigmentation and reducing blemishes. It often takes just one treatment to see optimal results from this procedure.
- Fill in hollows and smooth wrinkles. Injectables can work wonders on sunken cheeks, furrowed foreheads, and lines around the eyes, nose, and mouth. Dr. Buford has developed new programs, such as “Eye M Beautiful(SM)” to treat the area around the eyes and “Deep Cheek Volumization(SM)” to fill out cheeks.
- Give yourself a hand. A combination of non-surgical treatments can address hands that look old and give away your true age.
Given all of the above benefits, the rise in demand for non-surgical procedures is understandable — but it’s important to remember these are still medical procedures with potential risks. Patients should choose an experienced, certified provider. Dr. Buford warns, “With any injectable, results are only as good as the person behind the needle.” For more information, visit Dr. Buford’s website at www.beautybybuford.com.
About BEAUTY by BUFORD: One of Denver’s top plastic surgeons, Gregory Buford, MD, FACS, is the founder and medical director of BEAUTY by BUFORD. The Official Plastic Surgeon to the Miss Colorado Pageant, he was named one of “America’s Top Surgeons” and is a nationally recognized trainer and consultant for many non-surgical products and techniques. He can be reached at 303-747-6719 or on his website.
Media Contact: Lauren Pulfrey, BEAUTY by BUFORD, 303-747-6719, http://www.beautybybuford.com