Sandstorm Luxury swimsuit specialist offers great tips to prepare for the pageant swimsuit competition
The thought of strutting your stuff in front of an audience in a swimsuit can be daunting prospect for many a pageant contestant. The keys to success during this round in the pageant competition are:
- Get the right swimsuit for you
- Prepare your body
- Practice your walk
Having helped many pageant contestants win their crowns over the past four years we at Sandstorm Boutique would like to share our top tips with you:
The Pageant Swimsuit:
It really is best not to leave this important purchase until the last minute – after all you’ll need to practice strutting your stuff long before the pageant date. We recommend you purchase your swimwear between 6 – 10 weeks prior to the pageant. Don’t forget if you are having your swimwear customized or if it is being shipped into your country (unfortunately customs can on occasions cause delay with deliveries) you need to allow enough time for yourself!
- Ask yourself “does this swimsuit suit my figure, does it fit in all the right places, does it compliment my skin tone and hair colour, and also does it suit my personality”! There is no point wearing an item you feel uncomfortable wearing the judges will pick up on the vibe.
- Be creative – if you see something you like and it’s not quite right for your body shape – have it altered professionally! Legs can be cut higher to make the legs appear longer and padding can be added to the bust and bottom which will creative the desired silhouette.
- Some pageants state you must wear a specific colour – when this happens they usually have several styles available to suit various body shapes.
Tricks of the trade:
- Use butt glue – it stops bottoms riding up and it can be used on the bikini top to hold the item in place.
- Also consider using panty liners to prevent camel toe!
Preparation is the key to success in the swimsuit competition…
Don’t leave it until the last minute to get your body into swimwear condition.
- Begin your fitness routine well in advance of the competition.
- Mix cardiovascular with weightlifting to build muscle and to give you a good overall body tone – pay special attention to torso, buttocks and legs.
- Mix in some Pilates or yoga to your fitness routine as the key look to be successful is a long, toned and lean physique.
- Ladies – don’t try to loose loads of weight and go on a starvation diet – instead have a healthy balanced diet as a poor unhealthy diet will impact on your skin and hair and eyes etc…..
Important bits and bobs
- Fake tan should ideally be applied professionally – is best not to have this done on the day of the pageant – sort out the colour you want to be in advance – there’s no point turning up looking orange or unrealistic.
- Ensure you are beach body ready in advance – you know what we mean ladies (whether you prefer to be plucked, shaved or waxed don’t leave it to the last minute you could end up with a nasty rash). Exfoliate and moisturize your skin all over, have a pedicure and go with French polish on toes.
Walk the walk!
- Practice, practice, practice walking to upbeat music in your swimsuit.
- In fact, put your whole look from top to toe together e.g. shoes, earrings, accessories, and sarong to be sure you are all co-ordinated.
- Practice walking in front of a long mirror and practice your poses and know which angles suit your body.
- Remember – smile!
- Finally – your walk should be even paced, easy/smooth and swinging arms and very bouncing boobs should be kept to a minimum as they are distracting for the judges.
# # #
- Article prepared by Sandstorm’s Naomi John, Swimwear Specialist – www.SandstormLuxury.com. If you would like further assistance feel free to contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sandstorm Boutique is an exclusive online swimwear boutique. The company sells beautiful designer swimwear and beachwear to women who enjoy the feel and look of luxury.
- News and Reviews on Sandstorm Blog: www.sandstormboutique.blogspot.com
- Photo Credit: Photo of Melissa Minter in swimwear round at Galaxy UK 2012 is by Paul Carrol, official photographer of Sandstorm Boutique.