The Miss Global International Malaysia Pageant for 2013, organized by MerveilleuxM Production, is in its third year running (the only national pageant in east Malaysia) and will be held in Miri on the 27th July 2013, at Eastwood Golf Valley & Resort where contestants from all over the country come to Miri to participate in the pageant for a week. The winner of the pageant will be representing Malaysia in the World Level in Albania in November.
The competition is the brain child of former beauty queen Marlene Lim, who is also the Managing Director of MerveilleuxM Production. She has been actively involved in numerous charity events and organisation since 1999 and is a strong advocate for health education and awareness and women empowerment. MerveilleuxM Production has also successfully organised MGIM 2011 & 2012, Christmas Charity Concert 2011, World Vision 30 Hour Famine 2010 Miri and many others.
The charity pageant has raised over thousands of ringgit for local charity organisations such as Miri Autistic Association, Zero Strays Miri, Home for the Aged, Paediatrics Ward Miri Hospital and many more for the past three years.
The competition also discovered and groomed a number of potential beauty queens who went on to join and some winning numerous local competitions and represented the country in various beauty pageants, such as:
- Sherine Tan (represented Malaysia in Miss Global International in Jamaica and won two subsidiary titles in the world final)
- Sheela Khaw (represented Malaysia in Jamaica and appointed ambassador for the Pink Ribbon Life 4 Charity)
- Kieren Laurent (represented Malaysia for Miss Globe in Albania)
- Merveen Tan (represented Malaysia in World Miss University in Korea)
- Esther Tan (represented Malaysia in Miss Oriental Tourism in Sichuan China)
- Mandy Lim (represented Borneo region in Miss Oriental Tourism in Sichuan China)
- Freda Foong (Top 12 Finalist in Miss Astro Chinese International)
- Cookies Yap (semi finalist in Miss Asia)
- Genevie Wan (top 10 Miss Universe Malaysia)
The competition has been dubbed the training platform for prospective beauty queens.
The winner of 2013 Miss Global International Malaysia will be representing Malaysia in Miss Globe 2013. Miss Globe Organisation is an international beauty pageant group founded in 1972 which holds annual events participated by over 50 world finalists. The Miss Globe 2012 was held in Tirana Albania and won by Kleoniki Delijorgji of Albania. The organization was founded by Charlie See (1910-2007) in 1972 and registered in the Bureau of Patents and Trademarks of Washington DC in 1973.
• This national event aims to promote the tourism of Miri City and Sarawak and also to train potential beauty queens to be ambassadors for Miri and Malaysia. Environmental preservation and health awareness activities are also incorporated into the 10 days event, to promote Miri as a Green City and plenty of exciting charity activities. Part of the profit raised will be channelled towards Persatuan Autistik Miri and Zero Strays Miri.
• The slogan for this year is – Celebrating Beauty Inside & Out
The objectives for this event is:
a) To celebrate Women (their uniqueness, generosity, achievements)
b) To build futures for those in need and the less fortunate
c) To boost Miri tourism and introduce Miri to the world
d) To groom potential beauty queens and the future Miss Malaysia, host and model for events
• Our 18 national finalists age range from 18-27 and they come from Limbang, Miri, Kuching, Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Kota Kinabalu, Johor, Penang, Perak and Melaka.
Official page: www.facebook.com/merveilleuxmproduction
There are videos of the 2012 event available online:
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Ql27rrn1w – Interview videos
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLzCndjUPaE – Charity Videos
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwHUsOe7TeA – Activities video
Rochelle Smith (actress, international model), Gemma Louise (beauty queen, model), Winnie Chan (Miss Malaysia titleholder), Kieren Laurent (Miss Globe Malaysia), Yvonne Supang (Miss Chinese World Miri) are amond the public figure attending this year’s event.
Eastwood Valley Golf & Country Resort, Ajisen Ramen, Guinness Anchor Berhad, Ideal Advertising, Magic Beauty Studio, OnStage Hairdressing, Misa Luvi Dance & Fitness Studio, Sean Graphic Play, Peoplegraphy Studio, Tech Garment & Textile Sdn Bhd, The Imperial Mall and JD’s Fine Foods are among some of the big sponsors for this event.