Emilio Estefan, DeSean Jackson, Nina Garcia, Rob Dyrdek And Giancarlo Stanton Round Out Judging Panel
New York, January 22, 2015 — NBC, Donald J. Trump and Paula M. Shugart, president of the Miss Universe Organization, announced today the full lineup of performers and judges for the 63rd Annual MISS UNIVERSE® Pageant, airing Sunday, January 25 (8-11 p.m. ET) on NBC. The Miss Universe contestants have been hosted in Doral, Florida and the pageant will air live from the FIU Arena. The pageant will also simulcast in Spanish on Telemundo.
Multi-platinum selling and Grammy nominated singer-songwriter Gavin DeGraw will perform his hit songs “Fire” and “Finest Hour” from his new album FINEST HOUR: THE BEST OF GAVIN DEGRAW during the pageant’s Final Look. He joins previously announced performers Nick Jonas and Prince Royce.
Additional celebrities that will round out the judging panel include:
- Emilio Estefan,19-time Grammy Award winning musician and producer
- DeSean Jackson, Washington Redskins wide receiver and return specialist; three-time Pro Bowler
- Nina Garcia,Creative Director of Marie Claire Magazine, Lifetime’s hit show “Project Runway” judge, and fashion industry expert
- Rob Dyrdek, Dynamic serial entrepreneur and star of MTV’s Ridiculousness and Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory
- Giancarlo Stanton, Miami Marlins celebrated right fielder, two-time Major League Baseball All-Star and recipient of the biggest contract in sports history
The panel also includes:
- Manny Pacquiao, Fighter of the Decade, eight-division world champion and Filipino Congressman
- Kristin Cavallari, TV host and shoe designer for Kristin Cavallari by Chinese Laundry
- William Levy, TV and film actor who was previously named People En Espanol’s Sexiest Man Alive
- Lisa Vanderpump, Star of hit show “Vanderpump Rules” and “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills”
- Louise Roe, Fashion journalist, author, host of “Plain Jane” on MTV International and the upcoming TLC fashion series, “Style By Jury”
“TODAY’s” Natalie Morales and MSNBC’s Thomas Roberts will host this year’s pageant while Jeannie Mai takes viewers backstage and behind-the-scenes. IMG will be the executive producers of this year’s show.
This year, fans will be able to submit their own final questions and one will be chosen to be asked to the 5 finalists. Fans can submit their question by posting it in the comments section of the official post that is pinned to the top of the Miss Universe FB page. To view rules please visit, http://www.missuniverse.com/rules/fb.
Fans will also be able to vote for their favorite of the Top 5 National Costumes via Twitter. The contestant with the highest number of votes will be the National Costume Fan Vote Winner and will be announced LIVE in the show. To view rules please visit, http://www.missuniverse.com/rules/twitter.
The 63rd Annual MISS UNIVERSE® Pageant will feature 88 contestants from across the globe. They will be judged in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown and interview. Gabriela Isler, Miss Universe 2013 will crown her successor at the conclusion of the three-hour telecast. The MISS UNIVERSE beauty pageant is distributed to approximately 190 countries and territories.
ABOUT MISS UNIVERSE
The Miss Universe Organization (MUO) is a Donald J. Trump and NBCUniversal joint venture which uses its global grassroots reach to empower women to be self-confident and strive to be their personal best. MUO believes that every woman should be “Confidently Beautiful.” The MISS UNIVERSE®, MISS USA®, and MISS TEEN USA® beauty pageants provide an international platform through dedicated partnerships with charities, sponsors, and brands around the world. During their reign, our winners are given the tools to personally and professionally enrich others by providing humanitarian efforts to affect positive change, all while developing their personal career goals. For more information, and to learn more about Miss Universe’s official cause to raise awareness for HIV/AIDS education and prevention around the world, please visit: www.missuniverse.com.
For more information, visit:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/MissUniverse
- Twitter and Instagram: @MissUniverse #MissUniverse
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/missuniverse
SOURCE The Miss Universe Organization