Stormi Henley crowns Kamie Crawford as Miss Teen USA 2010
Paradise Island, Bahamas – Kamie Crawford, Miss Maryland Teen USA was crowned Miss Teen USA 2010 at the beautiful Atlantis, Paradise Island in the Bahamas on July 24, 2010. The 17-year-old winner is from Potomac, MD. The Miss Teen USA® pageant was streamed online to a worldwide audience at www.missteenusa.com and at www.seventeen.com.
Miss USA®2008, Crystle Stewart, and Seth Goldman of NBC’s “Entertainment Buzz” emceed this year’s pageant. Outgoing Miss Teen USA 2009, Stormi Henley, debuted her anticipated single “Quite Like Me” during this year’s show, marking the beauty’s first worldwide musical performance.
This year’s distinguished panel of judges included: Chuck LaBella, Emmy-nominated producer associated with shows such as “The Celebrity Apprentice” and “Last Comic Standing;” Fred Nelson, President of People’s Choice and oversees the People’s Choice Awards; Michelle Malcolm, President of Michelle Malcolm and Associates and producer of the Miss Bahamas Beauty Pageant; Chet Buchanan, radio and television personality, creator and host of Las Vegas’ top-rated radio show “Chet Buchanan & The Morning Zoo”; Heather Kerzner, Ambassador of Kerzner International; and Eva Chen, Beauty and Health Director, Teen Vogue.
Throughout the event, the contestants competed in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown and interview. Stormi Henley, Miss Teen USA 2009, crowned her successor at the conclusion of the two-hour live event. The first runner-up is Lexi Atkins, Miss Illinois Teen USA, who will assume the duties of Miss Teen USA 2010 if for some reason she cannot fulfill her responsibilities.
Miss Teen USA 2010 Final Results:
- 1st Runner-Up: Lexi Atkins, Miss Illinois Teen USA
- 2nd Runner-Up: Emma Baker, Miss California Teen USA
- 3rd Runner-Up: Angelina Nichole Layton, Miss Utah Teen USA
- 4th Runner-Up: Haley Brook Sowers, Miss Mississippi Teen USA
Miss Teen USA 2010 Top Fifteen:
- Megan Burgess, Miss Arkansas Teen USA
- Ashlyn Marie Alongi, Miss Alabama Teen USA
- Camilla Cyr, Miss Washington Teen USA
- Thatiana Diaz, Miss New York Teen USA
- Kristen Rose, Miss Tennessee Teen USA
- Taylor Hubbard, Miss Kentucky Teen USA
- Alyssa Rivera, Miss Florida Teen USA
- Caroline Scott, Miss Wyoming Teen USA
- Kandis Holt, Miss Oklahoma Teen USA
- Jacqueline Carroll, Miss Virginia Teen USA
Miss Photogenic Teen USA® Award: Chelsea Morgensen, Miss Texas Teen USA. This year, for the first time, fans had the opportunity to vote online at www.PeoplesChoice.com for the delegate who best connected with her audience through a photograph. Chelsea was chosen by 100,000 online voters.
Miss Congeniality Teen USA® Award: Hosanna Kobakoro, Miss Idaho Teen USA. The award reflects the respect and admiration of the delegate’s peers, who voted for her as the most congenial, charismatic and inspirational participant.
The MISS TEEN USA® 2010 prize package includes:
- custom diamond tiara and jewelry created by Diamond Nexus Labs
- a two-year scholarship from the New York Film Academy worth more than $100,000 dollars to its acting or film-making programs
- an evening gown wardrobe designed by Sherri Hill
- a year’s worth of cosmetics by Pursuit of the Crown
- A year-long supply of Farouk Systems products and tools
- a six-day/fivenight vacation for two, including airfare, at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- a $500 gift certificate to Jamye Shaw swimwear
- training sessions at Gravity Fitness and hair services from John Barrett Salon
- modeling portfolio by leading fashion photographer Fadil Berisha
- professional media/public relations representation by Rubenstein Public Relations in New York City
- consultations with professional health and nutritionist Tanya Zuckerbrot
- dermatology and skincare services by Dr. Cheryl Thellman-Karcher
- dental services by Dr. Jan Linhart, D.D.S.
- access to various New York City events including movie premiers and screenings, Broadway shows and launch parties
- consultations with a fashion stylist and access to a personal appearance wardrobe
- casting opportunities and professional representation by the Miss Universe® Organization
- extensive travel opportunities representing sponsors and charitable partners
- professional representation by the Miss Universe® Organization to further her personal and professional goals.
About the Miss Teen USA® Pageant
The Miss Universe Organization produces the internationally-recognized MISS TEEN USA® pageant. The Miss Teen USA competition became an annual event in 1983 after it attracted strong television ratings following its debut in Lakeland, Florida. The MISS TEEN USA® Pageant is a Donald J. Trump and NBC Universal joint venture. Utilizing its nationwide grass roots infrastructure, the Miss Universe Organization is committed to increasing HIV/AIDS awareness and increasing awareness of breast and ovarian cancers. By forging relationships with organizations committed to research and education such as the Latino Commission on AIDS, Susan G. Komen for the Cure and Gilda’s Club, the women who champion these causes during their reign are armed to impact women today.