USA, Logan West, is crowned Miss Teen USA 2012 at Atlantis, Paradise Island in the Bahamas
Paradise Island, Bahamas – July 30, 2012 – Logan West was crowned Miss Teen USA 2012 this past Saturday at the beautiful Atlantis, Paradise Island in the Bahamas on July 28, 2012. The 18-year-old winner is from Southington, Connecticut. The MISS TEEN USA® competition was streamed online to a worldwide audience of over 100,000 viewers at www.missteenusa.com and www.seventeen.com.
Hosting this year’s pageant was Miss Teen USA 2005 and sports reporter for “Fox8 News,” Allie LaForce and executive producer of iPowow, Colin Hornett. The presentation show, which took place Friday, July 27, was hosted by Miss Teen USA 2011, Danielle Doty and Los Angeles-based author, and comedian, Nick Teplitz.
This year’s distinguished panel of judges included: Maruchi Santana, Chief Client Officer at Parham Santana: The Brand Extension Agency; David Knapp, Account Director at Parham Santana: The Brand Extension Agency; Tami Farrell, television personality, pageant veteran and first Youth Spokesperson for the American Heart Association; Dara Busch, Executive Vice President and Managing Director at Rubenstein Public Relations; Stefan Campbell, Producer and Creative Director at OBO, a luxury production company specializing in high-end events and fashion presentations; and Tanya Zuckerbrot, MS, RD, Creator of the popular F-Factor Diet and Registered Dietician as well as best-selling author, brand spokesperson and TV personality.
Throughout the event, the contestants competed in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown and interview. Doty, Miss Teen USA 2011, crowned her successor at the conclusion of the two-hour live event.
2012 Miss Teen USA Pageant Final Results:
- Miss Teen USA 2012: Miss Connecticut Teen USA, Logan West
- First Runner-Up: Miss West Virginia Teen USA, Elizabeth Sabatino will assume the duties of Miss Teen USA 2012 if for some reason the winner cannot fulfill her responsibilities.
- Second Runner-Up: Miss Michigan Teen USA, Courtney Pizzimenti
- Third Runner-Up: Miss Oklahoma Teen USA, Jessica Lee Morgan
- Fourth Runner-Up: Miss Ohio Teen USA, Kendall McKnight Fein
2012 Miss Teen USA Pageant Top Sixteen:
- Miss Alabama Teen USA, Peyton Brown
- Miss Connecticut Teen USA, Logan West
- Miss Georgia Teen USA, Courtney Lynne Smits
- Miss Hawaii Teen USA, Kathryn Sachiko Teruya*
- Miss Illinois Teen USA, Alexandra Plotz
- Miss Kansas Teen USA, Katie Taylor
- Miss Michigan Teen USA, Courtney Pizzimenti
- Miss New Mexico Teen USA, Jacqueline Cai
- Miss New York Teen USA, Sabrina Mastrangelo
- Miss North Carolina Teen USA, Kat Puryear
- Miss Ohio Teen USA, Kendall McKnight Fein
- Miss Oklahoma Teen USA, Jessica Lee Morgan
- Miss South Carolina Teen USA, Shannon Ford
- Miss Utah Teen USA, Keilara McCormick
- Miss West Virginia Teen USA, Elizabeth Sabatino
- Miss Wyoming Teen USA, Sydney Graus
- Miss Photogenic Teen USA™ Award: Miss Oklahoma Teen USA, Jessica Lee Morgan was voted the delegate who best connected with her audience through a photograph.
- Miss Congeniality Teen USA™ Award: Miss Vermont Teen USA, Karsen Woods. This award reflects the respect and admiration of the delegate’s peers, who voted for her as the most congenial, charismatic and inspirational participant.
Miss Teen USA™ Fan Vote Winner*: Miss Hawaii Teen USA, Kathryn Sachiko Teruya. For the first time ever, the Miss Universe Organization allowed fans to vote online for their favorite Miss Teen USA contestant, earning one lucky girl a spot in the semifinals. Fans were able to vote online either at www.missteenusa.com, or at www.facebook.com/officialmissteenusa.
The Miss Teen USA 2012 prize package includes:
- a year’s worth of hair care products and tools from Farouk Systems
- eveningwear wardrobe by Sherri Hill
- new custom diamond tiara and jewelry designed by Diamond Nexus Labs
- two-year scholarship (including housing) from the New York Film Academy
- a year’s worth of cosmetics from Pursuit of the Crown Cosmetics
- yearlong salary as Miss Teen USA
- six-day/five-night vacation for two, including airfare, at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- personal services including membership to Gravity Fitness
- hair services from John Barrett Salon
- modeling portfolio by leading fashion photographer Fadil Berisha
- consultation with Miss Universe Organization’s Fashion Consultant, Alisha Crutchfield and access to a personal appearance wardrobe
- professional media/public relations representation by Rubenstein Public Relations in New York City
- dermatology and skincare services provided by Dr. Cheryl Thellman-Karcher
- professional health and nutrition consultation by Tanya Zuckerbrot, MS, RD
- dental services by Dr. Jan Linhart, D.D.S.
- casting opportunities and professional representation by the Miss Universe Organization
- extensive travel opportunities representing sponsors and charitable partners
- access to various New York City events, including movie premieres and screenings, Broadway shows and launch parties.
About the Miss Teen USA Pageant
The Miss Universe Organization, a Donald J. Trump and NBCUniversal joint venture, is a global community empowering role models of beauty, health and leadership for young women of today. As part of the Miss Universe Organization, Miss Teen USA is dedicated to partnering with charities around the world, and to increasing awareness of teen issues. For more information, visit: www.missteenusa.com.
Follow Miss Teen USA:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/OfficialMissTeenUSA
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/OfficialMissTeenUSA
- Twitter: @MissTeenUSA
- Blogs: www.missuniverse.com/missteenusa/blogs/index
About Atlantis, Paradise Island resort, The Bahamas
Atlantis, Paradise Island is the flagship resort of Kerzner International, a leading international developer and operator of destination resorts, casinos and luxury hotels. This unique, ocean-themed destination is located on Paradise Island, The Bahamas, and features a variety of accommodations, all built around a 140-acre waterscape comprised of over 20 million gallons of fresh and saltwater lagoons, pools and habitats. Home to the largest open-air marine habitat in the world – second only to Mother Nature – there are over 50,000 marine animals in lagoons and displays, including The Dig, a maze of underwater corridors and passageways providing a journey through ancient Atlantis. Atlantis unveiled AQUAVENTURE, a non-stop water experience consisting of thrilling new water slides, a mile-long river ride with high intensity rapids and wave surges, and never-before-seen special effects. Dolphin Cay was created with the goal of enlightening visitors about the wonders of these remarkable ocean inhabitants. The Cove Atlantis, a 600-room resort, features oversized rooms with a step down living space, spectacular designs by acclaimed interior architects Jeffrey Beers and David Rockwell, unprecedented services and amenities, private all-adult and family pools, lavish cabanas and breathtaking views of the ocean.
Atlantis is also known as THE culinary destination in The Caribbean with a collection of restaurants from world-renowned chefs including Nobu Matsuhisa, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Bobby Flay and Angelo Elia. The resort boasts an impressive collection of luxury boutiques and shops and the largest conference center, meeting and convention facilities in The Caribbean. For further information about Atlantis, Paradise Island; telephone 954-809-2000, or visit Atlantis.com. For reservations, call your travel agent or 800-ATLANTIS.
# # #
The Miss Universe Organization Rubenstein Public Relations
Brenda Mendoza Rachael Harleman
(212) 373-4983 (212) 843-9349