2012 Ms. America® Pageant hosted at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort
Anaheim, CA (PRWEB) April 10, 2012 — The 2012 Ms. America® Pageant promises to be an exciting event with the announcement of the panel of distinguished judges. They will evaluate the contestants the night of the competition, Sunday, April 15, 2012 at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort in Anaheim. CA. State and regional titleholders from across the United States will compete in interview, sportswear, fashion wear, evening gown and on-stage question and one will be crowned Ms. America 2012. Over $75,000 in gifts and prizes will be awarded at this year’s pageant.
To determine who will be Ms. America® 2012, the following panel of judges has been selected:
From the world of music:
- Consuelo Vanderbilt Costin is an actress, singer, philanthropist, and an eighth generation descendant of American railroad and shipping magnate, Cornelius Vanderbilt. A professional singer, Consuelo’s hit single “Naked” spent 16 consecutive weeks on the U.S. Billboard Dance Charts and peaked at #12. Her new single “Feel So Alive” took the biggest jump on the U.S. Billboard Dance charts, earning Consuelo the #2 ‘Breakout Artist’ slot for Hot Dance Club Play. Her songs have been featured in film and television including “Beach Girls” starring Rob Lowe and Julia Ormond, “Pop Stars” with Nicole Scherzinger and “Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best” with Joan Rivers. An actress, she has appeared in such films as “Something In Between” opposite Brittany Murphy as well as on stage in London and Los Angeles.
- From the world of design and fashion, Rita Mezrahi, Founder and Creative Director of Claire’s Collection, a couturier of glamorous evening gowns that have been worn by many celebrities in the spotlight – in music, film and television, national pageant winners and sports. These celebrities who have worn her couture gowns for their very special occasions, include Halle Berry (whose wedding gown was designed and created by Claire’s Collection), Cindy Crawford, Sandra Bullock, Julie Andrews, Aretha Franklin, Shania Twain, Emma Samms, Nicolette Sheridan, Donna Mills, Kim Cattrall, Diahann Carroll, and Dolly Parton to name a few.
- From the world of movies, Margaret Avery, is an Academy Award nominee who was unforgettable in her role of Shug in Steven Spielberg’s The Color Purple (1985). Her television credits include “The New Dick Van Dyke Show”, “Kojak”, “Sanford and Son”, “The Rookies”, “Murder She Wrote”, “Miami Vice”, “Spenser: For Hire” and many more. Margaret’s film career includes, “Cool Breeze” (1972) and “Hell Up in Harlem” (1973), “Magnum Force” (1973), “Which Way is Up” (1977) and “The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh” (1979).
- From the world of beauty, Shayne Lamas, is a well-known television personality and aspiring actress. She is the daughter of famed Argentine actor Lorenzo Lamas. She won the twelfth season of “The Bachelor” and also had a reality show with her family on E! “Leave It To Lamas.” Shayne’s next venture is launching a USDA 100% Certified Organic skincare line, “Lamas Organics”.
- From the world of pageantry, Andrea Preuss, Mrs. America 2006 has been involved in pageants for over 15 years. She has been a judge for over fifty pageants and has won many pageant titles. In 2006 she was crowned Mrs. America and was a top 10 finalist in the Mrs. World pageant held in St. Petersburg, Russia. After losing her mother-in-law to cancer, she and her daughter helped raise millions of dollars for cancer research. Andrea was a national spokesperson for the Susan G. Komen Foundation, a national spokesperson for the American Anthem Project, an advocate for children with cancer, serves on the Board of Directors for the Foundation House and previously co-hosted a weekly radio show entitled “An Hour of Giving” that educated others on how they can make a difference through volunteering.
- From the world of sports, Los Angeles Laker Joe Smith, was the College Player of the Year at Maryland in 1995 and the No. 1 pick of that season’s NBA Draft, picked by the Golden State Warriors. Smith is a legend when it comes to basketball team mate Kobe Bryant along with all the new up and comers look up to the veteran with a very high level of respect. Smith shares the Guinness Book of World Records for most teams played on in a NBA career and now Smith has now ventured off into television and film as Executive Producer/Host of KCAL 9 hottest video mix show Video Hot Mix.
- From the world of art, Catherine Potgieter, the Dancing with the Stars jewelry designer, is president and designer of MsBellezza. Her work has been influenced by many European designers, especially Bruce Oldfield with his majestic creations for European royalty and aristocracy.
- From the world entertainment, Kenneth Dixon, an Executive Producer for Warner Bros., has produced numerous movies and television shows; movies such as “Cover”, “Black August”, “The Karlton Hines Story”, “Game Over”, and “The Larry Davis Story”, as well as Deepak Chopra’s “The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success and How to Know God”, which were distributed by 20th Century Fox. Kenneth is currently working on, “Patriot Hunter”, which he intends to spin-off into a television series. His acting credits include “One Hour Photo” starring Robin Williams, “Angel”, “One More Road to Cross” directed by Bill Duke, “Hart to Hart” Movie of the Week starring Robert Wagner, “Days of Our Lives”, “The Young & The Restless”, “It’s A Living”, “Night Court” and “227”.
- From the world of philanthropy and business, Ron Hudson, the president and CEO of Superior Wall Systems Inc., a 37 year old contracting firm that does business in California, Nevada, and Hawaii. In 2009 the company was the largest employer of carpenters in Southern Calif. He serves on the board of the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana California as well as the board of Global Angels which is a worldwide organization helping woman and children in 3rd world countries. He was selected as the young black contractor of the year in 2010 for his help in black construction community.
- From the world of medicine, Dr. Leon Ren, DDS has for nearly 20 years dedicated his practice to creating profound improvements in the quality of his client’s lives; making a lifelong commitment to their health and well-being. In addition to cosmetic dentistry, he has made a personal commitment to continually strive for excellence in the areas of health, spirituality and mind within his own life while helping his clients create the same level of excellence in theirs.
Host for the 2012 Ms. America Pageant will be Leslie Birkland. Leslie is the star of the wildly successful Style Network show “Big Rich Texas”. As a Texas socialite, she is seen taking the Texas elite by storm while running her successful pageant coaching business. Leslie, her son, Tyler, and goddaughter, Kalyn, add humor, kindness and sass to the popular reality show. As an advocate for animal rights, Leslie is known for compassion and love of our furry friends. The national designer boutique, Cameron Hawaii, t-shirt design company, has chosen to collaborate with Leslie to design several t-shirts in support of animal rights.
Sunday, April 15, 2012
7:30pm – 9:30pm
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort
2085 South Harbor Boulevard Anaheim, CA 92802
Tickets to the pageant are $35.00 and can be purchased by going http://www.MsAmericaPageant.com.
# # # #
Submitted by press release via http://www.prweb.com/