Miss Texas Teen USA, Danielle Doty of Harlingen, Texas, was crowned the 2011 Miss Teen USA winner on Saturday, July 16, 2011, during a live web-streamed pageant telecast from the Atlantis, Paradise Island Resort in The Bahamas..
- The first runner-up was Audra Mari, Miss Teen North Dakota.
- The second runner-up was Miss California Teen USA, Alexis Swanstrom
- The third runner-up was Miss Kansas Teen USA Taylor Clark
- The fourth runner-up was Miss Missouri Teen USA Sydnee Stottlemyre.
Reigning Miss Teen USA Kamie Crawford of Maryland, who has worked with several cause alliances during her reign including Best Buddies, D.A.R.E, Girl Talk, Project Sunshine and Same Sky Trade Initiative, and traveled with the USO to Cuba, Portugal and Spain to visit with military families and support the troops, crowned the Miss Teen USA at the conclusion of the pageant.
Las Vegas-based radio and television personality, Chet Buchanan and Miss Teen USA 2005 and newly named sports reporter for “Fox8 News,” Allie LaForce, served as co-hosts for the telecast.
The judges panel which selected Miss Teen USA 2011 included:
- Katherine Schwarzenegger, bestselling author who published her first book in 2010 entitled Rock What You’ve Got
- People’s Choice Awards President, Fred Nelson
- Former head of MTV’s East Coast Talent & Series Development, Vinnie Potestivo
- Celebrity dermatologist Dr. Cheryl Karcher
- Entertainment and fashion guru, BJ Coleman.
They judged the contestants from all 50 states and the District of Columbia in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown and interview.
The pageant was sponsored by Atlantis, Paradise Island, Farouk Systems, Kooey Australia, Diamond Nexus Labs, Sherri Hill, New York Film Academy and the Pursuit of the Crown Cosmetics.