During Thursday night’s preliminary competitions at the 2013 Miss America pageant, judges awarded the talent trophy to Miss North Dakota Rosie Sauvageaun. She performed a Vocal/Piano Solo to “To Make You Feel My Love” at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. As the talent winner, pageant sponsor, Amway will award her a $2,000 scholarship.
Rosie is a 2010 graduate of Concordia College, where she double majored in Communications/Theatre Art and Apparel Design. She won the sate title on her her third and last eligible year competing in the Miss North Dakota Pageant.
Her platform is “Celebrate Diversity: One Nation, All People”.
- Accomplished classical pianist as well as a singer/songwriter.
- Concordia College 2010 graduate with double major in Communications/Theatre Art and Apparel Design.
- Not a “pageant girl”…The first pageant she ever attended was the local pageant she entered.
- A good friend and former Miss North Dakota suggested she try a local pageant for the opportunity to perform and earn college scholarship money.
- She was named 2nd runner-up at her furst Miss North Dakota state pageant in 2010.
- In 2011, she was named 1st runner-up.
- Her mother encouraged her to try one more local pageant, which she won, leading to her victory at the 2012 Miss North Dakota pageant, and her subsequent talent victory at the national pageant.
- During her year of service, Rosie hopes to perform throughout North Dakota to bring people together through her music.