What are the best songs for a pageant? When it comes to talents for pageant, choosing the right music is so important that we have created an entire pageant talent tips section to answer all your questions. For some great advice for beginners to advanced contestants, definitely visit our pageant talents section.
Right now, we just want to give you a quick, right-to-point list of what we think are some of the best pageant songs for talent.
Of course, people (judges) may very well differ on their likes and dislikes based on whether they’ve heard a pageant song repeated soooo often they are sick to death of it (“OMG – not that song agaaaaain!”)…
Or if they love a particular song so much that anyone who really delivers the goods when performing it is going to knock their socks off.
Hey, there’s no way to predict.
So, our advice when picking the best pageant song for talent competition is to follow your heart. If a song just gives you goosebumps and you can really sing it, go for it. You’ve got to love your pageant song to really kill it onstage. And, ladies, you do need to be able to kill it on-stage when you dare to tackle songs of this quality. Don’t bluff. Get your vocal training.
Here are a few of our favorite songs for pageants (check out the videos of great performances below):
- “The Winner Takes All” (Sarah Dawn Finer)
- “A New Life” (Coleen Sexton, Leanza Cornett, Miss America 1993)
- “On My Own” from Les Misérables (Lea Salonga, Jeri Ryan, Miss Illinois)
- “I Dreamed a Dream” from Les Misérables (Susan Boyle)
- “Listen” from the movie “Dreamgirls” (Beyoncé)
- “The Greatest Love of All” (Whitney Houston)
- “If I Could” (Celine Dion)
- Puccini’s “O Mio Babbino Caro” (Kiri te Kanawa)
- George Gershwin’s “Summertime“
- “Kiss Me in the Rain“
- “He Touched Me” (Terry Meeuwsen, Miss America 1973)
- ‘When You Believe” (Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey)
- “Sempre Libera” (Natalie Dessay)
- “Caro Nome” from Rigoletto
- “With One More Look at You” (Leanza Cornett)