Here are our all-time best talent music recommendations. There are some moments in the Miss America Pageant talent competition that you never forget—indeed that you never want to forget.
Here is the Pageant Center™ list of all time favorite pageant music!
- “On My Own” from Broadway’s “Les Miserables“
- “Listen” from the movie “Dreamgirls“
- “Summertime” from the opera “Porgy and Bess“
- “This is My Beloved” from Kismet
- “Via Dolorosa” performed en pointe by Heather Whitestone, Miss America 1995
- “Via Dolorosa” performed by Kati Stam, Miss Indiana – while suffering from laryngitis – before she was named Miss America 1995.
Terry Meeuwsen, Miss Wisconsin, performs This is My Beloved” from Kismet on her way to winning the 1973 Miss America title. Her performance is widely considered to be one of the best talent performances in pageant history.
Caressa Cameron, Miss Virginia, sings “Listen” from the movie “Dream Girls” on her to the Miss America 2010 crown.
Heather Whitestone, Miss Alabama, performs en pointe to the Sandy Patti Christian classic “Via Dolorosa”. Due to her being profoundly hearing-impaired, Heather could not hear the music as she danced. The crowd’s reaction at the conclusion of her performance reveals that they knew they were witnessing an historic moment in pageant history. Simply stunning!