During the second of three preliminary nights of the 2018 Miss America Pageant in Boardwalk Hall, the Miss America Organization announced the Quality of Life, STEM, and Women in Business Scholarship Awards on stage.
The Jean Bartel Quality of Life Scholarship is awarded to the contestants who have gone above and beyond in their dedication to community service and improving the lives of others. The second runner-up and recipient of a $2,000 scholarship is Miss South Carolina Suzi Roberts, the first runner-up and recipient of a $4,000 scholarship is Miss North Dakota Cara Mund, and the recipient of the 2018 Jean Bartel Quality of Life $6,000 Scholarship Award is Miss Alabama Jessica Procter.
The Miss America Foundation STEM Scholarship is awarded to three contestants pursuing an education in STEM (science, technology, engineering, or math) related fields. The recipients of the three $5,000 scholarship awards for a total of $15,000 are:
- Miss District of Columbia Briana Kinsey,
- Miss Kentucky Molly Matney
- Miss Massachusetts Jillian Zucco
For the second year, the Miss America Foundation also awarded two Women in Business Scholarship Awards to two exceptional contestants with a declared major in business or business related studies. The recipients of these two $5,000 scholarship awards totaling $10,000 are:
- Miss Colorado Meredith Winnefeld
- Miss Ohio Sarah Jeanne Clapper
Also announced on stage were three categories of Miracle Maker Awards: Local, State, and National.
The Local Miracle Maker Award was created last year by the Miss America Organization and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals to recognize the top 3 local titleholders across the country who raised the most funds leading into their state competitions. All recipients were awarded a scholarship and round trip travel to Atlantic City for the 2018 Miss America Competition!
Local Miracle Maker
- 2nd Runner-up ($2,000): Chelsea Yarber from Alabama
- 1st Runner-up ($3,000): Greeshma Reddy from Kansas
- Winner ($5,000): Miss South Carolina Suzi Roberts!
State Miracle Maker
- 2nd Runner-up ($2,000): The Miss Utah Organization
- 1st Runner-up ($3,000): The Miss Alabama Organization
- Winner ($5,000): The Miss South Carolina Organization
National Miracle Maker
- 2nd Runner-up ($2,000): Miss Massachusetts Jillian Zucco
- 1st Runner-up ($3,000): Miss North Carolina Victoria Huggins
- Winner ($5,000): Miss South Carolina Suzi Roberts
The Miss America Foundation was pleased to award a total of $67,000 in scholarships on stage during Thursday’s preliminary competition.