4th Annual Miss Westchester & Miss Hudson Valley Pageants were held at the White Plains Performing Arts Center
(August 3, 2013 – WHITE PLAINS, NY) – Four new titleholders were selected by the judges at the 2014 Miss Westchester& Miss Hudson Valley competition which took place on Saturday, August 3rd at the White Plains Performing Arts Center.
- Mayra Avila, 25, Yonkers, Miss Westchester 2014
- Stephanie Bavolar, 16, Scarsdale, Miss Westchester Teen 2014
- Brittany Drahos, 22, Queensbury, Miss Hudson Valley 2014
- Kayla Lonergan, 17, Yorktown Heights, Miss Hudson Valley 2014
The young women will represent Westchester County and the Hudson Valley region at the Miss New York USA and Miss New York Teen USA Pageants at Purchase College Performing Arts Center in January.
The panel of judges from the worlds of entertainment, beauty, fashion, journalism and philanthropy evaluated the contestants ages 14-26 in the categories of interview, swimsuit, evening gown and on stage question.
This year’s group of judges included:
- Jesus Estrada, an accomplished designer and past contestant on Project Runway
- Marina Bonci, a public relations/talk show host for skincare
- Sharon Mosley, an award-winning cable TV talk show host and producer
- Christopher Gulotta, a lawyer dedicated to his community
- Jillian Hassett, a director of a print and commercial modeling agency in New York City
Celebrity hosts for the evening were Miss Westchester 2011, Christina DeLeon, award-winning talk show host and associate producer of “Smart.Beautiful.You!” and Chris Saltalamacchio, coach and stylist for MTV’s “MADE” and Oxygen’s “Jersey Couture.”
Special awards were also handed out Saturday night. The winners of the Photogenic and Style Awards were judged by members of the local media: Daniel LoPriore, the Daily Voice; Jennifer Walford, Found in Yonkers; Jovan C. Richards, WVOX Radio. The awards were presented by Dominic P. Artuso, M.D. of New Image Laser & Med Spa.
The People’s Choice Award was presented by Mary Grace Henry, founder of Reverse The Course Foundation, the beneficiary of a fundraiser by the pageant contestants. The award winners were: Congeniality, Jordan Decker, 16, Pleasantville; Photogenic, Kayla Lonergan; Style, Kiersten Ahle, 16, New City; Spirit, Domenica DiSapia, 23, New Rochelle; Service, Crystal Scott, 21, Yonkers; People’s Choice, Jordan Decker.
The Queens’ Courts included:
- Miss Westchester 1st Runner Up, Nadia Manginelli, 20 Peekskill
- Miss Westchester 2nd Runner Up, Sierra Bangari, 19, Yonkers
- Miss Westchester Teen 1st Runner Up, Crista Quiles, 21, Yonkers
- Miss Hudson Valley 1st Runner Up, Crista Quiles, 21, Yonkers
- Miss Hudson Valley 2nd Runner Up, Jaleesa Peterkin, 24, Staten Island
- Miss Hudson Valey Teen 1st Runner Up, Kiersten Ahle
- Miss Hudson Valley Teen 2nd Runner Up, Sophia D’Ambrosio, 15, Duanesburg
The winners will receive many gifts and prizes from the pageant organization and their sponsors including a $1,000 cash prize.
The Miss Westchester & Miss Hudson Valley Pageants’ Official Sponsors include Buffalo Wild Wings, Strata Health Club, New Image Laser & Med Spa, Tiffany Delmonico Pageant Coaching, Kandice Pelletier Swimwear, Pageantry Magazine, Mulino’s of Westchester, Defend University, Briarcliff DentistSpa, Riverstone Yoga, Panera Bread, Aqua Visions Scuba, WPPAC conservatory, Rue Royale Couture, J. R. Florist, Inc., Vintage Restaurant & Bar, Pier Restaurant & Tiki Bar, Renaissance Westchester, FunFuzion, Whitby Castle, Wilson & Son Jewelers, Peter Giannone Photography, Pageant Planet, White Plains Chrysler Jeep Dodge, White Plains BID and the County of Westchester.
- Photos courtesy of New York Crown Productions, LLC
# # #