Since pageant titleholders deal with reporters and the media during their reigns, pageant judges sometimes try to determine if a contestant is prepared to deal with press conferences, reporter interviews and television interviews. Questions focused around the media offers judges a tool to evaluate a contestant’s ability to successfully deal with such titleholder responsibilities, from press-related questions, from “Are you cautious in dealing with the press?” to “What woman journalist do you think is best qualified to step into the legendary shoes of Oprah Winfrey?”
- Who is your favorite woman television journalist?
- Are you cautious in dealing with the press?
- What is your strategy for effectively dealing with the press?
- What is your opinion of Fox News’ Tucker Carlson?
- How would you go about establishing credibility with the press as our titleholder?
- If a reporter ever asked you a question that you found rude, how would you handle it?
- Former Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson had a news show on a conservative TV network. Do you think she is a positive role model for today’s pageant contestants?
- Back to Pageant Questions