Today, more and more pageant interviews include questions about the issues of crime and violence. These questions can be some of the most challenging any contestant will face. Judges’ questions on this topic can be quite easy to very challenging, ranging from workplace violence to school shootings. Reading a wide range of news articles and watching the evening news will help you prepare for such questions.
- School violence continues to be a huge problem in our country. Should school counselors be held accountable if they were aware of warning signs in a student’s behavior but did not report the problem?
- Is our culture becoming a culture of violence? Does the proliferation of violent movies and video games contribute to the increase in violence, in your opinion?
- There has been a rash of violent rampages in post offices by disgruntled former postal employees, leading to the coinage of the term “going postal.” What Do you think may be contributing to this development and how might future violent rampages be prevented?
- What is your view of the phenomenon of bride kidnapping in Central Asia and, where a man abducts the woman he wishes to marry?
- Back to Pageant Questions