Questions like those below would seldom be asked during a pageant interview, but could potentially be asked by more probing judges or during press interviews. These questions have been included to help you fully flesh out your views on this highly controversial subject in the rare event that you should face such a controversial question. Obviously, it is advisable to use discretion and great diplomacy when dealing with such highly controversial subjects.
- What is your stand on abortion?
- Are you “pro-choice” or “pro-life”?
- Do you support abortion rights?
- What is your opinion about late term abortion?
- If your sister was unable to carry a baby to term and she asked you to carry a child she and her husband had conceived through test-tube technology, would you?
- If someone close to you was considering having an abortion, how would you counsel her?
- Is there any solution you can see that would address the abortion controversy while satisfying both abortion and pro-life groups?
- Do you agree with the Supreme Court’s “Roe versus Wade” ruling legalizing abortion in 1973. Why or why not?
- Actress Sofia Vergara was recently sued by her ex-fiancé for custody of two frozen embryos from their relationship. In in-vitro fertilization cases when a couple later separates, leaving frozen embryos in storage, should either parent be able to use the embryo to have a baby without the consent of the ex-partner?
- Likewise, should one partner be able to destroy the frozen embryos against the will of the other parent?
- Some critics of late term abortions have called for a legal ban on the procedure. Would you support a ban on late-term abortions? Why or why not?
- Kermit Gosnell, a doctor in a Pennsylvania abortion clinic, was convicted of killing infants who were born alive after abortions. How do you think such situations should be handled by the legal system?
- Do you support redefining the legal status of the fetus to give it “personhood” under the law?
- What is your opinion of the recent controversy over harvesting of fetal body parts for medical research?
- During the 2016 Presidential election, several Republican Presidential nominees said that they opposed abortion, even in the case of rape, incest or the safety of the mother. What is your opinion on that issue?
- Technology has changed since the landmark Woe V. Wade decision legalizing abortion – most notably fetal sonograms and surgery on babies in utero. Does such technology in any way change your views on abortion?
More related sample interview questions about:
All pageant questions | 1st Amendment | 2nd Amendment | Abstinence | Achievements | Aging | America | Appearance | Arrests | Athletics | Beauty | Boyfriends | Career | Cheating | Children | Clubs | Country | Comparisons | Cosmetic Surgery | Court Cases | Crime | Dating | Death Penalty | Discrimination | Divorce | Dreams | Drinking | Drugs | Economy | Education | Education (Yours) | Elderly | Elections | Family | Energy | Entertainment | Environment | Ethics | Engagements | Euthanasia | Failures | Faith | Family | Favorites | Femininity | Feminism | First Ladies | Friendship | Free Speech | Gambling | Gender Differences | Goals | Gun Control | Health Care | HIV/AIDS | Hobbies | Hometown | Home State | If you | If you were | Illegal Immigration | Internet | Leaders | Living together | Love | Marriage | Media | Medical | Military | Morality | Movies | National Security | Nuclear War | Nuclear Disarmament | Nudity | Obama Care | Pageants: Benefits | Pageants – Criticisms | Pageants – General | Pageant Platform| Pageant Preparation | Pageant Swimsuit Competition | Pageant Talent Competition | Pageants – This Pageant | Pageants – Titleholders | Parents | Parenting | Political Issues | Politics – International | Political Views | Polygamy | Pornography | Presidency | Press | Posing Nude | Public Office | Purpose | Race | Relationships | Religion | Reproductive Rights / Abortion | Role Models | Schools | Setbacks | Serving as Titleholder | Sex | Smoking | Spirituality | Sports | Stealing | Success | Supreme Court | TV | Terrorism | Traffic Tickets | Travel | Unwed Pregnancy | USA | Volunteerism | Voting | War | Who Is? | What Is? | Womanhood | Women in Politics | Why Pick You? | Web | Work | You | Youth | Your Beliefs | Your Feelings and Emotions | Your Habits/ Attitudes | Your Life | Your Looks | Your Personality | Your Values | Violence
- Back to Pageant Questions