Pageant Winners > Miss World > Miss World 2011 Ivian Sarcos Colmenares
Ivian Sarcos Colmenares, Miss Venezuela, has been chosen as Miss World 2012 on November 6, 2011 at Earls Court in London, England. The 22-year-old beauty was crowned by her successor, Miss World 2010, Alexandria Mills, of the United States.
In the evening gown competition, she wore a gorgeous pink chiffon gown with a layered chiffon skirt and beaded strapless sweetheart bodice. She accessorized the look with with strappy sandals and chandelier earrings.
Ivian holds a bachelor’s degree in human resources and works in the field of broadcasting. Orphaned at age eight, she spent several years in a Catholic orphanage, which inspired her to dream of becoming a nun.
Ivian will spend her year as Miss World advocating the pageant’s charitable program, referred to as “Beauty with a Purpose”.
The first runner-up was Miss Philippines, Gwendoline Ruais. Second runner-up was Miss Puerto Rico, Amanda Vilanova.
- Miss World 2011 – Ivian Sarcos Colmenares, Miss Venezuela
- 1st runner-Up: Miss Philippines, Gwendoline Ruais
2nd runner-Up: Miss Puerto Rico, Amanda Vilanova
2011 Miss World Pageant Top 7
- Miss England, Alize Lily Mounter
- Miss Korea, Kyung Min Doe
- Miss South Africa, Bokang Montjane
- Ivian Sarcos Colmenares, Miss Venezuela
- Miss Scotland, Jennifer Reoch
- Miss Puerto Rico, Amanda Vilanova
- Miss Philippines, Gwendoline Ruais
2011 Miss World Pageant Semi-finalists:
- Carla García Miss Spain
- Yaroslava Kuryacha, Miss Ukraine
- Zhanna Zhumaliyeva, Miss Kazakhstan
- Malaika Mushandu, Miss Zimbabwe
- Nicoline Artursson, Miss Sweden
- Esonica Veira, Miss US Virgin Islands
- Tania Bambaci, Miss Italy
- Astrid Ellena, Miss Indonesia
2011 Miss World Pageant Continental Queens of Beauty:
- Africa Queen of Beauty – Miss South Africa, Bokang Montjane
- Americas Queen of Beauty – Miss Venezuela, Ivian Sarcos
- Asia & Oceania Queen of Beauty – Miss Philippines, Gwendoline Ruais
- Caribbean Queen of Beauty – Puerto Rico, Amanda Vilanova
- Europe Queen of Beauty – Miss England, Alize Lily Mounter
Miss World 2011 Ivian Sarcos Colmenares Facts
- Home Country: Venezuela
- Age: 22
- Appearance: Blue-eyed, brunette
- Education: Bachelors degree in Human Resources
- Ivian Sarcos Colmenares is the first Miss Venezuela to take the Miss World crown in fifteen years and the sixth Miss Venezuela to win the Miss World crown.
- The Miss World is an orphan who lost her parents when she eight and spent
years being raised by Catholic nuns in an orphanage.
Miss World 2011 Ivian Sarcos Colmenares Photos