2012 Miss Universe Pageant - Olivia Culpo, Miss USA, wins
- Miss Universe 2012 - Miss USA, Olivia Culpo
1st runner-Up: Miss Philippines, Janine Tugonon
- 2nd runner-Up: Miss Venezuela, Irene Sofia Esser Quintero
3rd runner-up: Miss Australia, Renae Ayris
- 4th runner-up: Miss Brazil,
Miss Universe Top 5 - Final Questions
The top five at the 2012 Miss Universe Pageant, begin the important final question event. Miss USA Olivia Culpo (2nd from left in red) was named the
- Miss Venezuela, Irene Sofia Esser Quintero - (If you could make a new law, what would it be and explain
why) All the laws in life are already made. We need a straight way to go in our
lives. Do the best you can do. Sadly, she probably should have stayed with her
native language - but brownie points for trying to speak English!
- Miss Philippines, Janine Tugonon - (Twitter question: As an international ambassador should
speaking English be a prerequisite for being Miss Universe?) I do not think that
speaking English is the prerequisite for being Miss Universe. If you have a
strong heart and mind, you can be Miss Universe.
- Miss Australia, Renae Ayris - (As someone who could win a modeling contract, how would
you feel if you would told to lose weight or lose the contract?) I am
comfortable in my body so I would completely ignore it. As long as I am feeling
good about myself, I would ignore it.
- Miss USA, Olivia Culpo - (What is something you have done that you would never do again?)
First of all, let me say that every experience - good or bad - you will learn
from it. What I regret is picking on my siblings. But I do regret it.
- Miss Brazil, Gabriela Markus - (Like yourself, I wear a swimsuit when I compete. What do you
say to those who say wearing swimsuit reduces women to sexual objects?) I
believe that it is not just the way we dress that shows our true selves. We can
show our character if we are wearing an evening gown or a swimsuit. The
important thing is to show everyone the people we are inside in our hearts.
Evening Gown competition
Miss USA, Olivia Culpo, stands out in the Miss Universe evening gown competition, where she wore a glamorous red gown with a fitted waistline and
daring plunging neckline.
- Australia - White strapless gown with a girdle-like torso and beading.
- Russia - Royal blue chiffon with beaded bodice. Hip-high skit in the skirt.
- Brazil - Gorgeous tightly-fitted silver and white beaded strapless gown
- France - White beaded gown with an elegant sheet neckline
- Venezuela - Very unique green satin gown with horizontal beaded trim.
- USA - Deep maroon-red pink fitted gown with a full ball-gown princess skirt, tight waistline, and daring plunging neckline. She changed her hair style from
the luxurious lengthy style worn at the Miss USA pageant, to an elegant
upswept bun. She tripped on her hem, but kept her composure and recovered well.
- Hungary - Simple white unadorned strapless bodice with a frilled skirt.
- South Africa - Strapless mermaid style gown made with gold leather scale fabric.
- Mexico - Red one-strap-style gown with a skirt with a hip-high slit revealing a swimsuit style bottom beneath.
- Philippines - Pale blue strapless gown with chiffon accordion pleated skirt.
Miss USA, Olivia Culpo and first runner-up, Miss Philippines, Janine Tugonon, react to the announcement of the new Miss Universe.
The top 10 at the 2012 Miss Universe pageant were:
- Miss Australia
- Miss Russia
- Miss Brazil
- Miss France
- Miss Venezuela
- Miss USA
- Miss Hungary
- Miss South Africa
- Miss Mexico
- Miss Philippines
Top 16 in Swimsuit Competition
Miss USA, Olivia Culpo, confidently strutted her toned body in the Miss Universe swimsuit competition.
- Miss Venezuela - She models and enjoys surfing. She started surfing at age
eleven and she loves the contact with nature.
- Miss Turkey - She holds
economics degree and has played volleyball for eight years. She is 5"11"
tall, one of the tallest contestants.
- Miss France - wants to be a nurse
in a children's hospital. She recorded a single with a popular French
singer. Music is her first passion and it helps her express herself.
Peru - She would like to be a psychologist and thinks keeping the mind
healthy is even more important than keeping the body healthy. She wants to
set up a shelter eventually.
- Miss Russia - She wants to be a helicopter pilot. She used to be afraid
of flying. It helped her overcome her fear.
- Miss Mexico - She water-skis
and wants to be an architect. She has a special connection with her
sister... they both talk in their sleep -- and talk to each other in their
- Miss Poland - She rides motorcycles and has traveled throughout
the world as a model - but this is her first trip to the USA.
Hungary - She has run triathlons for ten years and works as wedding planner.
She won a bronze medal in her nationy. She loves sports and believes
sports show us how strong we are.
- Miss South Africa - She has a business
degree and co-wrote a book with her mother. She has been getting more
"shout-outs" on Twitter than any other contestant. She believes we are a
product of our own choices and that is what she lives by.
Philippines - She loves to hike and because she never had a house as she
grew up, she saved up to buy one at age 22. Being in Miss Universe is the
thrill of a lifetime. She hopes to give her country a Christmas gift of
winning the Miss Universe title.
- Miss Croatia - She is studying economics
and grew up on a farm where she helped her dad deliver a cow..
Brazil - She would like to direct horror movies and she kisses her shoulders
when she gets nervous. Always was afraid of heights until she tried sky
diving and it was the most exciting moment of her life.
- Miss Kosovo - She
is interested in microbiology and says she never gets nervous.
Australia - She has been dancing for 16 years. She also volunteers for
charity works, including a trip to China for charity.
- Miss India - She is a software engineer and loves to dance and has been
trained in classical, Indian and free-style dance.
- Miss USA - She is a
model who represented Rhode Island in the Miss USA Pageant. She is now a
spokes woman against breast cancer. She is really easy going. She is a real
person who gets most jokes and is anything but the typical "plastic" beauty
Miss Universe Best Costume
- Best National Costume: China
- First Runner-Up: Miss Philippines
- Second Runner-Up: Miss Venezuela
- Third Runner-Up: Miss Australia
- Fourth Runner-Up: Miss Brazil
- Miss Guatemala, Laura Godoy, Miss Congeniality
Miss Universe Pageant Judges
The judges panel who selected Culp as Miss Universe was compreised of:
- Pablo Sandoval, Two-Time World Series
Champion and MVP with the San Francisco Giants
- Nigel Barker, Photographer and host of
Oxygen's new series The Face
- Diego Boneta, Singer and Actor best known
for starring role in "Rock of Ages" film
- Scott Disick, TV Personality from
the E! Network
- Brad Goreski, Celebrity Stylist and Star
of Bravo's It's a Brad, Brad World
- Chef Masaharu Morimoto, Star of Iron
Chef and Award-Winning Chef
- Ximena Navarrete, Miss Universe 2010 and Face of L'Oreal
- Claudia Jordan, TV & Radio Personality
and competitor on the upcoming series All-Star Celebrity Apprentice
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, three-time US
Olympic Gold Medalist in Beach Volleyball
- Lisa Vanderpump, Star on Bravo's hit series The Real Housewives of
Beverly Hills and new series Vanderpump Rules
Miss Universe Philippines, Janine Tugonon will assume the duties of Miss
Universe 2012 if the titleholder for some reason cannot fulfill her
Miss Universe Venezuela, Irene Sofia Esser Quintero.
Rest of Top Five:
Miss Universe Australia, Renae Ayris and Miss
Universe Brazil, Gabriela Markus.
Rest of Top Ten:
Miss Russia, Elizabeth Golonova; Miss
Universe France, Marie Payet; Miss Universe
Hungary, Agnes Konkoly; Miss Universe South
Africa, Melinda Bam; and Miss Universe Mexico, Karina
Rest of Top Sixteen: Miss Universe Turkey, Cagil Ozge Ozkul; Miss
Universe Peru, Nicole Faveron; Miss Universe
Poland, Marcelina Zawadzka; Miss Universe
Croatia, Elizabeta Burg; Miss Universe Kosovo,
Diana Avdiu; and Miss Universe India,
Miss Photogenic Universe™:
Miss Universe Kosovo, Diana Avdiu. An expert
panel chose the delegate they thought best exemplifies beauty through the lens
of a camera. She was awarded a $1,000 cash prize
and a gift from pageant sponsor Diamond Nexus Labs.
Miss Congeniality Universe™:
Miss Universe Guatemala, Laura Godoy Calle.
This award reflects the respect and admiration of the delegate's peers who voted
for her as the most congenial, charismatic and inspirational participant. She
was awarded a $1,000 cash prize and a gift from
Diamond Nexus Labs.
The Miss Universe® 2012 lavish prize package that Culpo receives
- A year's supply of hair care products and tools from Farouk Systems
- a custom diamond tiara and jewelry designed by Diamond Nexus
- a shoe wardrobe from Chinese Laundry
- eveningwear wardrobe by Sherri Hill
- swimwear wardrobe by Kooey Australia
- a year's supply of makeup products from MAC
- a year's supply of sun care products from Australian Gold
- a one-year scholarship (including housing) from the New York Film
- luxury accommodations in a New York City
apartment for the duration of her reign, including living expenses
- a year-long salary as Miss Universe
- personal services including membership to Gravity Fitness
- hair services from John Barrett Salon
- modeling portfolio by leading fashion photographer Fadil Berisha
- dermatology and skincare services provided by Dr.
- professional health and nutrition consultation by Tanya Zuckerbrot, MS,
- dental services by Dr. Jan Linhart, D.D.S.
- casting opportunities
- professional representation by the Miss Universe Organization
- extensive travel opportunities representing sponsors and charitable
- access to various New York City events
including movie premiers and screenings, Broadway shows and launch parties
- year-long consultation with a fashion stylist
- access to a personal appearance wardrobe
PageantCenter.com is not affiliated in any way with the Miss Universe - Organization.
Miss Universe® is a registered trademark of the Miss Universe Organization. All trademarks on this web
site whether registered or not - are the property of their respective owners.