2013 Miss USA Pageant
Pageant Results >Miss USA Pageant > 2013
- Miss USA 2013 – Erin Brady, Miss Connecticut USA
- 1st runner-up: Alabama, Mary Margaret McCord
- 2nd runner-up: Illinois, Stacie Juris
- 3rd runner-up: Utah, Marissa Powell
- 4th runner-up: Texas, Ali Nugent
2013 Miss USA Pageant Top 6 Finalists
- Miss Utah USA – Marissa Powell
- Miss Alabama USA – Mary Margaret McCord
- Miss Illinois USA – Stacie Juris
- Miss South Carolina USA- Megan Pinckney
- Miss Connecticut USA – Erin Brady
- Miss Texas USA (saved by viewers tweets) – Ali Nugent
2013 Miss USA Pageant Top 10
- Erin Brady, Miss Connecticut USA – financial accountant
- Megan Pinckney, Miss South Carolina USA – would go to lunch with Michelle Obama and ask advice on how to mature
- Kristin Smith, Miss Ohio USA – dreamed of being an NFL quarterback, was son her Dad never had. Great athlete
- Ali Nugent, Miss Texas USA – All over the place all the time, laughs at everything, describes personality as one of a kind
- Stacie Juris, Miss Illinois USA – grew up with all sisters. sister wore clothes and she went into her class to get them back
- Chelsea Caswell, Miss Nevada USA – loves interactions with diffident types of people and with travel
- Kristen Girault, Miss Louisiana USA – went through hurricane Katrina, helped dad rebuild part of her house
- Marissa Powell, Miss Utah USA – service trip to Haiti to orphanages, touched here heart deeply forever
- Mary Margaret McCord, Miss Alabama USA – heart defect as a baby. heart sounds different
- Ashley Love-Mills, Miss North Carolina USA – dad diagnosed with cancer, she can’t contribute to his healing, but she is chasing after this dream for him.
The new Miss USA 2013 is Erin Brady, a 5’8′ tall, 25 year-old from of East Hampton, Connecticut. She was crowned by outgoing Miss USA 2012, Nana Meriwether, of Maryland. Brady is a graduate of Central Connecticut State University with a degree in Finance and a minor in Criminal Justice. She is the first contestant from Connecticut to win the Miss USA title.
In the evening gown competition , Brady was a stand-out, wearing a stunning white gown with a gold and silver beaded bodice and flowing skirt. Erin accessorized her gown with strappy silver sandals. She wore her hair in the traditional long wavy style. The beautiful light brunette beauty has been fascinated by tropical fish since childhood and keeps a collection in a large fish tank.
In the swimsuit competition, she wore a striking bright orange bikini with metallic clasps at the hips and shoulders. She accessorized the bikini with skin-tone strappy sandals. Erin wore her hair in the traditional long layered style popularized by Miss USA winners.
She was a standout in the evening’s final on-stage questions where judges ask the finalists individual questions. Comedian Mo Rocca asked Miss Connecticut, "the Supreme Court ruled that criminal suspects can be subjected to a police DNA test after arrest. Do you agree or disagree with this, and why or why not?”
During the important final question, where judges ask the finalists individual questions, comedian Mo Rocca asked Miss Connecticut, "the Supreme Court ruled that criminal suspects can be subjected to a police DNA test after arrest. Do you agree or disagree with this, and why or why not?”, referring to the recent Supreme Court ruling on police DNA test. Without hesitating, Brady responded confidently:
“I would agree with this. I think that if someone’s being prosecuted and has committed a crime that’s that severe, that they should have a DNA test. I think there are so many crimes going on in this world that, if that’s one step closer to figuring out who has done it – I think we should absolutely do so.”
During a more relaxed on-stage conversation with the host beforehand, she was asked if she thought social media was becoming a challenge for young people. She commented that everyone is tweeting and verbal communication is suffering as a result, and that she’d rather have a face-to-face conversation.
Brady’s victory has created an unusual pattern in pageantry, with Northeastern women now holding all three major titles: Miss USA 2013 from Connecticut, Miss Universe 2012 from Rhode Island, and Miss America 2013 from New York City. It is the first time in pageant history that the three major titles have been held by women from the Northeast.
The new Miss USA hopes to pursue an MBA and become involved with Pension Risk Transfers. She is currently a financial accountant for Prudential Retirement in Hartford, CT, where she operates the controls that ensure that each member of her team has performed their work correctly and efficiently.
Erin Brady was raised in a home heavily influenced by alcohol and substance abuse and she sadly remembers the lack of support and places to turn to for the children of addicts, such as her. She has since learned that more than half of adult addicts are children of alcoholics. It is her goal to help break the cycle of addiction as she plans to be an advocate for children of alcohol and substance abuse.
Miss Connecticut USA 2013 has helped with the Ferrari and Friends Concorso, which works closely with the Children’s Medical Hospital and the “Make-A-Wish Foundation”; Susan G. Komen, Walk for The Cure events; and, Habitat for Humanity as her charities of choice.
She was crowned by outgoing Miss USA 2012, Nana Meriwether of Maryland, who assumed the title after the original winner, Miss USA 2012, Olivia Culpo, of Rhode Island, was crowned Miss Universe 2012. This is the second year for a contestant from new England to win the Miss USA title.
2013 Miss USA Pageant Top 6 Final Questions
Nana Meriwether, Miss USA 2012, shined during the NBC pageant telecast.
During the all important final question from judges, the tension allowed some contestants to show their unflappable calm under pressure.. while others folded under the pressure. As finalists selected cards from the judges, the competition proved to be the undoing of the promising Miss Utah USA Marissa Powell, who struggled with her answer, giving a disjointed, halting reply that has now become almost as widely parodied as the infamous Miss South Carolina Teen USA answer.
The eventual winner, Erin Brady Miss Connecticut USA, nailed her reply to the question asked her about the recent Supreme Court ruling on whether police should be allowed to collect DNA on arrested suspects. She unhesitatingly replied that yes, given the increase in crime and the need to protect public safety, she supported the collection of DNA.
- Miss Utah, Marissa Powell – Report showing women are breadwinners in 40% of homes yet women earn less than men. Her answer has been widely parodied as one of the worst pageant answers ever.
- Miss Alabama, Mary Margaret McCord – Is government tracking of phone record an invasion of privacy or necessary? We have to worry about our safety so she would prefer to be tracked and safe.
- Miss Illinois, Stacie Juris – Bind drinking on college campuses. Should drinking age be lowered? College students will drink responsibly – or irresponsible – whatever their age. So might as well encourage all students to look-out for the safety of those around them.
- Miss South Carolina, Megan Pinckney – Should people who leak classified information be charged with treason? No, they should not be charged. If there are documents that people feel the need to show, they should show them.
- Miss Connecticut, Erin Brady – Supreme Court ruling on police DNA test. I agree with this, if someone is being prosecuted, there are so many crimes, we should test them.
- Miss Texas, Ali Nugent – Recently, bikinis were banned at one major pageant Miss World) due to religious objections (from Muslim groups), Should groups have that influence? We have freedoms to vote in our country, but other have the right to vote against whatever they feel is necessary.
2013 Miss USA Pageant Top 6 Casual Conversations
- Miss Utah – adoption. Her little brother and her father are adopted and she wants to advocate it
- Miss Alabama – Organized, “OCD” packer. Bags inside of bags, categories, etc.
- Miss Illinois – Family traditions, annual egg cracking contest with everyone decorating eggs and playing games
- Miss South Carolina – passed out donated toys to kids throughout her town to kids who had not received toys
- Erin Brady, Miss Connecticut USA – Social media is challenging for young people. Everyone is tweeting and verbal communication is suffering. She’d rather have a conversation.
- Miss Texas (saved by viewers tweets) – Met Jamie Foxx and she had never been star-struck before – until he walked in and she was speechless
Evening Gown Competition
- Erin Brady, Miss Connecticut USA – Beaded gold bodice with flowing white chiffon skirt
- Miss South Carolina USA – iridescent shimmering silver fitted sleeveless gown
- Miss Ohio USA – yellow high cut flowing sleeveless chiffon gown with low cut bodice and rhinestone belt
- Miss Texas USA – red fitted chiffon gown with gem-studded waistline and bodice
- Miss Illinois USA – elegant fitted black gown with low-cut bodice and long sleeves
- Miss Nevada USA – back strapless fitted Jessica Rabbit-style gown
- Miss Louisiana USA – Gown with white flowing skirt and gold beaded trim
- Miss Utah USA – white strapless sheath dress with silver trim and massive earrings
- Miss Alabama USA – Black strapless mermaid gown with elaborate ruffled lower skirt
- Miss North Carolina USA – white strapless gown with a beaded chiffon bodice and slowing skirt fully-slit to reveal a matching beaded swimsuit bottom.
2013 Miss USA Pageant Top 15 in Swimsuit Competition
- Miss Texas USA Ali Nugent – Dallas Texas
- Miss Ohio USA, Kristen Smith – Dayton, Ohio, (Wants to do PR work for charities)
- Miss Louisiana USA, Kristen Girault – New Orleans, Louisiana (Has been dancing and cheer-leading for Saints)
- Miss South Carolina USA, Megan Pinckney – 8’8″, age 22 (Wants to be the editor in chief of a fashion magazine)
- Miss Pennsylvania USA, Jessica Billings – 5’9″, age 26 (Wants to travel the world)
- Miss Alabama USA, Mary Margaret McCord – Gadsden, Alabama, 5’7″, age 23 (Getting master’s degree in marketing)
- Miss Massachusetts USA, Sarah Kidd – Leominster, Massachusetts (Organized fundraisers for Operation Smile and wants to gravel for charities)
- Miss California USA, Mabelynn Capeluj – San Diego, California, 5;8″, age 21 (Spokesperson for National Psoriasis Organization)
- Miss North Carolina USA, Ashley Love-Mills – Raleigh, North Carolina, 5’9″, age 14 (Wants to work in Hollywood)
- Miss West Virginia USA, Chelsea Welch – West Union, West Virginia, 5’10”, age 22 (Would like to be Secretary of the Interior)
- Miss Maryland USA, Kasey Staniszewski – Annapolis, Maryland 5’9″, age 22 (Wants to be an international pop star and win a Grammy award)
- Miss Illinois USA, Stacie Juris – Chicago, 5’7, age 23 (Makeup artist)
- Miss Nevada USA, Chelsea Caswell – 5’8″ age 23 (Lives near Planet Hollywood)
- Miss Connecticut USA, Erin Brady – 5’8″ age 25 (Fascinated by tropical fish and keep a collection in a large fish tank)
- Miss Utah USA, Marissa Powell – Salt Lake City, 5’8″, age 21 (Wants to us therapeutic music to help sick children)
- Miss Congeniality – Miss Oregon USA, Gabrielle Neilan
- Miss Photogenic USA – Miss Utah USA, Marissa Powell
- Giuliana Rancic, co-anchor of “E! News”
- Nick Jonas, Grammy-nominated American singer-songwriter
- Color commentator: Jeannie Mai, host of Style Network’s “How Do I Look?” and Style Network’s “Style Pop.”
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas
- Bob Harper, Health and Fitness Expert, Author and Star on NBC’s “The Biggest Loser”
- Betsey Johnson, Legendary Fashion Designer and Star of Style Network’s “XOX Betsey Johnson”
- NeNe Leakes, Actress “Glee,” Bravo star of “Real Housewives Atlanta” and “I Dream of NeNe”
- Wendie Malick, Actress, Star of TV Land’s “Hot in Cleveland”
- Jessica Robertson, Reality TV Personality on A&E’s “Duck Dynasty”
- Larry Fitzgerald, MVP Wide Receiver for the Arizona Cardinals, Seven-time Pro Bowl Selection
- Nikki Bella, Former WWE Diva Champion and TV Personality on E!’s “Total Divas”
- Mo Rocca, Correspondent, “Sunday Morning” with Charles Osgood, Host of Cooking Channel’s “My Grandmother’s Ravioli
- Christina Milian, American Actress, Singer -songwriter, Social Media Correspondent on NBC’s “The Voice”
- Farouk Systems Inc./CHI (Official Hair Care and Title Sponsor)
- Diamond Nexus (Official Jewelry Sponsor)
- Sherri Hill (Official Fashion Sponsor)
- Chinese Laundry (Official Footwear Sponsor)
- OPTX rhode island (Official Sponsor of 2013 Miss USA Fan Vote)
- ViX Paula Hermanny (Official Swimwear Sponsor)
- Rain Cosmetics (Official Cosmetics Sponsor)
- IMAGE Skin Care (Official Skin Care Sponsor)
- OPI (Official Nail Care Sponsor)
- New York Film Academy (Official Scholarship Sponsor)
- BOLD Body Bronzing (Official Sunless Tanning Sponsor)
- Miss USA 2013 is Erin Brady Miss Connecticut USA
- Miss Connecticut USA crowned Miss USA 2013 during live NBC telecast
- Gorgeous new Miss USA 2013 is Erin Brady Miss Connecticut USA [PHOTO]
- Erin Brady’s victory creates pageant history as queens from the Northeast now hold the triple crown – Miss USA, Miss Universe and Miss America
- Recap of the 2013 Miss USA Pageant
- Top 5 at Miss USA Pageant 2013 [PHOTO]
- The final two at 2013 Miss USA Pageant [PHOTO]
- Miss Utah’s bad pageant answer may have cost her the 2013 Miss USA crown!
- Nana Meriwether Miss USA 2012 shines during at 2013 pageant telecast
- Interested in Miss USA Pageant history? Enjoy our pageant history section?
- Miss USA winners | Miss USA Pageant Results | Miss USA News
PageantCenter.com™ is not affiliated in any way with the Miss USA Pageant. Miss USA® is a registered trademark of the Miss Universe Organization. All trademarks on this web site whether registered or not, are the property of their respective owners. Pageant Center™ is not affiliated with Miss USA.