2013 Miss USA Pageant
The new Miss USA 2013 is Erin Brady,
a 5'8' tall, 25 year-old from of East Hampton, Connecticut. The former Miss
Connecticut USA, is a graduate of Central Connecticut State University with a
degree in Finance and a minor in Criminal Justice.
She is the first contestant from Connecticut to win the Miss USA title.
Brady's victory has created an unusual pattern in pageantry, with
Northeastern women now holding all three major titles: Miss USA 2013
Universe 2012 from Rhode Island, and
Miss America 2013 from New York City. It is the first time in pageant
history that the
three major titles have been held by women from the Northeast.
Miss USA hopes to pursue an MBA and become involved with Pension Risk Transfers. She is
currently a financial accountant for Prudential Retirement in Hartford, CT, where she operates the controls that ensure that each member of her team has performed their work correctly and
The newly-crowned Miss USA 2013 is Erin Brady, Miss Connecticut USA, an
accountant from Hartford, CT.
During the competition during important final question, Brady was asked for her views about the recent Supreme Court ruling on police DNA test.
She stated that, if someone has committed a serious crime and is being prosecuted, since there are so many crimes,
we should test them.
During a more relaxed on-stage conversation with the host beforehand, she was asked if she thought social media was becoming a
challenge for young people. She commented that everyone is tweeting and verbal communication is suffering as a result, and that she'd rather have a
In the evening gown competition, Brady was a stand-out, wearing a stunning white gown with a skin tone bodice and flowing
skirt. The beautiful light brunette beauty has been fascinated by tropical fish since childhood and keeps a collection in a large fish tank.
Erin was raised in a home heavily influenced by alcohol and substance abuse and she sadly remembers the lack of support and
places to turn to for the children of addicts, such as her. She has since learned that more than half of adult addicts are
children of alcoholics. It is her goal to help break the cycle of addiction as she plans to be an advocate for children of
alcohol and substance abuse.
Miss Connecticut USA 2013 has helped with the Ferrari and Friends Concorso, which works closely with the Children's
Medical Hospital and the "Make-A-Wish Foundation"; Susan G. Komen, Walk for The Cure events; and, Habitat for Humanity as
her charities of choice.
She was crowned by outgoing
Miss USA 2012,
Nana Meriwether of Maryland, who assumed the title after the original
winner, Miss Rhode Island USA, Olivia Culpo, was crowned Miss Universe 2012.
Miss USA 2013 and Court of Honor
- Miss USA 2013
- Erin Brady, Miss Connecticut USA
- 1st runner-up: Alabama, Mary Margaret McCord
- 2nd runner-up: Illinois, Stacie Juris
- 3rd runner-up: Utah, Marissa Powell
- 4th runner-up: Texas, Ali Nugent
- 5th runner-up: South Carolina, Megan Pinckney
Top 6 Final Questions
Nana Meriwether, Miss USA 2012, shined during the NBC pageant telecast.
During the all important final question from judges, the tension allowed some
contestants to show their unflappable calm under pressure.. while others folded
under the pressure.
As finalists selected cards from the judges, the competition proved to be the
undoing of the promising
Miss Utah USA Marissa Powell, who struggled with her
answer, giving a disjointed, halting reply that has now become almost as
widely parodied as the
infamous Miss South Carolina Teen USA answer.
winner, Erin Brady Miss Connecticut USA, nailed her reply to the question asked
her about the recent Supreme Court ruling on whether police should be allowed to
collect DNA on arrested suspects. She unhesitatingly replied that yes, given the
increase in crime and the need to protect public safety, she supported the
collection of DNA.
- Miss Utah, Marissa Powell - Report showing women are breadwinners in 40% of homes yet women earn less than men.
Her answer has been widely parodied as one of the
worst pageant answers ever.
- Miss Alabama, Mary Margaret McCord - Is government tracking of phone record an invasion of privacy or necessary? We have to worry about our safety so
she would prefer to be tracked and safe.
- Miss Illinois, Stacie Juris - Bind drinking on college campuses. Should drinking age be lowered? College students will drink responsibly - or irresponsible -
whatever their age. So might as well encourage all students to look-out for the safety of those around them.
- Miss South Carolina, Megan Pinckney - Should people who leak classified information be charged with treason? No, they should not be charged.
If there are documents that people feel the need to show, they should show them.
- Miss Connecticut, Erin Brady - Supreme Court ruling on police DNA test.
I agree with this, if someone is being prosecuted, there are so many crimes,
we should test them.
- Miss Texas, Ali Nugent - Recently,
bikinis were banned at one major pageant Miss World) due to
religious objections (from Muslim groups), Should groups have that influence? We have
freedoms to vote in our country, but other have the right to vote against
whatever they feel is necessary.
Top 6 Casual Conversations
- Miss Utah - adoption. Her little brother and her father are adopted and
she wants to advocate it
- Miss Alabama - Organized, "OCD" packer. Bags inside of bags, categories,
- Miss Illinois - Family traditions, annual egg cracking contest with
everyone decorating eggs and playing games
- Miss South Carolina - passed out donated toys to kids throughout her
town to kids who had not received toys
- Miss Connecticut - Social media is challenging for young people.
Everyone is tweeting and verbal communication is suffering. She'd rather
have a conversation.
- Miss Texas (saved by viewers tweets) - Met Jamie Foxx and she had never
been star-struck before - until he walked in and she was speechless
Top 6 Finalists
- Miss Utah
- Miss Alabama
- Miss Illinois
- Miss South Carolina
- Miss Connecticut
- Miss Texas (saved by viewers tweets)
Evening Gown Competition
- Miss Connecticut - skin tone bodice with white flowing skirt
- Miss South Carolina - iridescent shimmering silver fitted sleeveless
- Miss Ohio - yellow high cut flowing sleeveless chiffon gown with low cut
bodice and rhinestone belt
- Miss Texas - red fitted chiffon gown with gem-studded waistline and
- Miss Illinois - elegant fitted black gown with low-cut bodice and long
- Miss Nevada - back strapless fitted Jessica Rabbit-style gown
- Miss Louisiana - Gown with white flowing skirt and gold beaded trim
- Miss Utah - white strapless sheath dress with silver trim and massive
- Miss Alabama - Black strapless mermaid gown with elaborate ruffled lower
- Miss North Carolina - white strapless gown with a beaded chiffon bodice
and slowing skirt fully-slit to reveal a matching beaded swimsuit bottom.
- Miss Connecticut - financial accountant
- Miss South Carolina - would go to lunch with Michelle Obama and ask
advice on how to mature
- Miss Ohio - dreamed of being an NFL quarterback, was son her Dad never
had. Great athlete
- Miss Texas - All over the place all the time, laughs at everything,
describes personality as one of a kind
- Miss Illinois - grew up with all sisters. sister wore clothes and she
went into her class to get them back
- Miss Nevada - loves interactions with diffident types of people and with
- Miss Louisiana - went through hurricane Katrina, helped dad rebuild part
of her house
- Miss Utah - service trip to Haiti to orphanages, touched here heart
- Miss Alabama - heart defect as a baby. heart sounds different
- Miss North Carolina - dad diagnosed with cancer, she can't contribute to
his healing, but she is chasing after this dream for him.
Top 15 in Swimsuit Competition
- Miss Texas, Ali Nugent - Dallas Texas
- Miss Ohio, Kristen Smith - Dayton, Ohio,
(Wants to do PR work for charities)
- Miss Louisiana, Kristen Girault - New Orleans, Louisiana (Has been
dancing and cheerleading for Saints)
- Miss South Carolina, Megan Pinckney - 8'8", age 22 (Wants to be the
editor in chief of a fashion magazine)
- Miss Pennsylvania, Jessica Billings - 5'9", age 26 (Wants to
travel the world)
- Miss Alabama, Mary Margaret McCord - Gadsden, Alabama, 5'7", age 23
(Getting master's degree in marketing)
- Miss Massachusetts, Sarah Kidd - Leominster, Massachusetts
(Organized fundraisers for Operation Smile and wants to gravel for
- Miss California, Mabelynn Capeluj - San Diego, California, 5;8", age 21
(Spokesperson for National Psoriasis Organization)
- Miss North Carolina, Ashley Love-Mills - Raleigh, North Carolina, 5'9",
age 14 (Wants to work in Hollywood)
- Miss West Virginia, Chelsea Welch - West Union, West Virginia, 5'10",
age 22 (Would like to be Secretary of the Interior)
- Miss Maryland, Kasey Staniszewski - Annapolis, Maryland 5'9", age 22
(Wants to be an international pop star and win a Grammy award)
- Miss Illinois, Stacie Juris - Chicago, 5'7, age 23 (Makeup artist)
- Miss Nevada, Chelsea Caswell - 5'8" age 23 (Lives near Planet Hollywood)
- Miss Connecticut, Erin Brady - 5'8" age 25 (Fascinated by tropical fish
and keep a collection in a large fish tank)
- Miss Utah, Marissa Powell - Salt Lake City, 5'8", age 21 (Wants to us
therapeutic music to help sick children)
- Miss Congeniality - Miss Oregon, Gabrielle Neilan
- Miss Photogenic USA - Miss Utah, Marissa Powell
- Giuliana Rancic, co-anchor of “E! News”
- Nick Jonas, Grammy-nominated American singer-songwriter
- Color commentator: Jeannie Mai, host of Style Network’s “How Do I Look?” and Style Network's "Style Pop."
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas
- Bob Harper, Health and Fitness Expert, Author and Star on NBC’s “The Biggest Loser”
- Betsey Johnson, Legendary Fashion Designer and Star of Style Network’s “XOX Betsey Johnson”
- NeNe Leakes, Actress “Glee,” Bravo star of “Real Housewives Atlanta” and “I Dream of NeNe”
- Wendie Malick, Actress, Star of TV Land’s “Hot in Cleveland”
- Jessica Robertson, Reality TV Personality on A&E’s “Duck Dynasty”
- Larry Fitzgerald, MVP Wide Receiver for the Arizona Cardinals, Seven-time Pro Bowl Selection
- Nikki Bella, Former WWE Diva Champion and TV Personality on E!’s “Total Divas”
- Mo Rocca, Correspondent, “Sunday Morning” with Charles Osgood, Host of Cooking Channel’s “My Grandmother’s Ravioli
- Christina Milian, American Actress, Singer -songwriter, Social Media Correspondent on NBC’s “The Voice”
- Farouk Systems Inc./CHI (Official Hair Care and Title Sponsor)
- Diamond Nexus (Official Jewelry Sponsor)
- Sherri Hill (Official Fashion Sponsor)
- Chinese Laundry (Official Footwear Sponsor)
- OPTX rhode island (Official Sponsor of 2013 Miss USA Fan Vote)
- ViX Paula Hermanny (Official Swimwear Sponsor)
- Rain Cosmetics (Official Cosmetics Sponsor)
- IMAGE Skin Care (Official Skin Care Sponsor)
- OPI (Official Nail Care Sponsor)
- New York Film Academy (Official Scholarship Sponsor)
- BOLD Body Bronzing (Official Sunless Tanning Sponsor)
Miss USA News |
Miss USA winners |
Miss USA Pageant results by year
View more pageant history
Copyright, ©Pageant Center, 1998. All rights reserved. This material is fully protected by US copyright law. No content on this website can be reproduced or otherwise used without written permission from pageantcenter.com.
Miss USA® is a registered trademark of the Miss Universe Organization. All trademarks on this web site whether registered or not - are the property of their respective owners.
Find pageants near you
Add your pageant Free!
Miss Teen USA
Miss Americas Teen
Miss USA® News
Miss Teen USA - News
Miss Universe® News
Miss America News
MA Outstanding Teen
Miss World News
Miss Teen USA
Miss America's Teen
National - USA