2013 Miss America Pageant
Pageant Results > Miss America Pageant > 2013
Miss America 2013 – Mallory Hagan, Miss New York
1st runner-up – Miss South Carolina
2nd runner-up – Miss Oklahoma
3rd runner-up – Miss Wyoming
4th runner-up – Miss Iowa
2013 Miss America Pageant Top 5 On-Stage Questions
Miss Oklahoma – (What are your thoughts on pageant reality TV portrays pageant girls?) Those pageant mothers are trying to give their daughters what they want in life. We should take these shows with a grain of salt.
- Miss South Carolina – (Was Brent Musburger out of line making comments about the Alabama quarterback’s girlfriend’s beauty?) I think he has ever right to point out her beauty. She is gorgeous. I think beauty is something we can display at Miss America and football games too.
- Miss New York – (Given the recent Connecticut gun tragedy, should guns be placed in schools?) No, the answer is not to fight violence with violence.
- Miss Iowa
- Miss Wyoming – (So many children are on medication for ADHD. Are parents over-medicating?) It is the parents choice, they should look to truly solve the problem, not cover it up with medication.
2013 Miss America Pageant Talent Competition
- Miss Texas – Baton twirling to “Last Dance” by Donna Summers
- Miss Tennessee – Singing “Adele’s Turning Tables” in white gown
- Miss Illinois – Dancing to Journey’s “Faithfully”
- Miss Oklahoma – Tap dancing to “Can’t Buy Me Love” in black beaded dance slacks
- Miss Wyoming – Piano performance of original composition “Conzoni Linda”, wearing royal blue strapless gown
- Miss Maryland – Singing “I Dreamed a Dream” from Les Miz (preliminary talent winner)
- Miss New York – Tap dancing to James Brown’s “Get Up off of That Thang”
- Miss South Carolina – Playing the Jackson Five’s “I Want You Back”
- Miss Iowa – Tap dancing to “Scat Man”
- Miss Washington – Singing “My Wish”
Mallory Hagan, Miss New York, was named Miss America 2013 in Los Vegas, Nevada by outgoing Miss America 2012 Laura Kaeppeler of Wisconsin. She is the first Miss New York to win since Tawny Godin, Miss America 1976.
In the talent competition she energetically tap-danced to James Brown’s “Get Up off of That Thang,” making her the first tap dancer to win the national title since the 1960s, when tap dancing began to fade in popularity among contestants.
Throughout the evening, she was a strong contender in each event. In the evening gown competition, she looked every inch the queen in a simple fitted white gown with one shoulder, while in swimsuit competition, the athletic dancer was outstanding in a black bikini. Interestingly, she admitted to having had a bit of a weight problems earlier in college.
2013 Miss America Pageant Evening Gown Competition
- Miss Washington – simple black with rhinestone waistline
- Miss Maryland – white mermaid style one-sleeve beaded
- Miss Texas – silver fully-beaded open back one-sleeve
- Miss Alabama – gold tapestry with cap sleeves and front slit
- Miss New York – simple fitted white gown with one shoulder
- Miss South Carolina – white beaded gown with sheer cut outs
- Miss Indiana – aqua two-tone gown with beaded bodice and satin skirt
- Miss Tennessee – white fitted gown with aqua stone trim
- Miss Oklahoma – silver satin gown with x-crossed fitted waistline
- Miss Wyoming – black beaded gown with sheer bodice
- Miss Illinois – red mermaid-style dress with full ruffled hemline/train
- Miss Iowa – black satin strapless gown with velvet bodice
2013 Miss America Pageant Semi-finalists
- Miss Montana – America’s Choice – Alexis Wineman
- Miss Texas – DaNae Couch
- Miss Utah – Kara Arnold
- Miss Oklahoma – Alicia Clifton
- Miss Wyoming – Lexie Madden
- Miss South Carolina – Ali Rogers
- Miss Tennessee – Chandler Lawson
- Miss Alabama – Anna Laura Bryan
- Miss Maryland – Joanna Guy
- Miss Illinois – Megan Ervan
- Miss Indiana – Merriebeth Cox
- Miss New York – Mallory Hytes Hagan
- Miss Florida – Laura McKeeman
- Miss Kentucky – Jessica Casebolt
- Miss Iowa – Mariah Cary
- Miss Washington, Mandy Schindel – Judges’ Favorite Choice
2013 Miss America Pageant 2013 Preliminary Winners
Night Three Preliminary Winners
- Lifestyle & Fitness (swimsuit): Miss Washington, Mandy Schendel –
- Miss Washington Mandy Schendel wins the Miss America preliminary Lifestyle and Fitness award
- Talent: Miss North Dakota, Rosie Sauvageau -Miss North Dakota Rosie Sauvageau wins night three Miss America preliminary talent competition with vocal/piano performance
Night Two Preliminary Winners
- Lifestyle & Fitness (swimsuit): Miss Illinois, Megan Ervin -Miss Illinois Megan Ervin, wins the preliminary Lifestyle and Fitness award at the 2013 Miss America pageant
- Miss Maryland, Joanna Guy – Les Miserables scores again: Miss Maryland Joanna Guy wins Wednesdays Miss America talent award singing I Dreamed A Dream Night One Preliminary Winners Lifestyle & Fitness (swimsuit): Miss South Carolina, Ali Rogers -First Miss America pageant preliminary winners are named!Talent: Miss Oklahoma, Alicia Clifton -First Miss America pageant preliminary winners are named!